Really bad pain on one side?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
In the morning I wake up dying to pee! Sometimes I don't take notice of it and fall back to sleep. I know this is bad, and it's bad that I have held the pee inside in the first place but most of the time I don't even drink before bed. Last night I didn't anyway, and today I woke up with a very very full bladder. I fell back to sleep and a while later I woke up and went to the toilet. After I had emptied my bladder, I got this extreme pain on one side of my belly. Today it was on the right side, yesterday it was on the left side.

It goes after a few minutes but it's really painful. Throughout the day I suffer with no pain from it, but if I stretch my belly or bend over, I aggravate the area and I can feel the soreness of the same area that I experienced the pain in the morning. If that makes sense? So.. Hold pee in for a few hours > Let pee out > Suffer with pain > Pain disappears after a few minutes > The area feels sore throughout the day if I aggravate it.

I know I shouldn't hold my pee in but like I said above I don't know I need to pee! I just get woken up when I REALLY need to go. I've also got my 20 week scan next week and I have to have a full bladder for it :( I don't want to have that pain afterwards.

What's going on? xxx

I always found when I had pains on the left that it was my stomach, like needing to poo :blush:

Not sure about the peeing though hun, have you had bladder problems over the years or just during pregnancy? x

I know what you mean, I've had it once or twice but not all the time... Maybe something to see your doc about? And when I had my 20 week scan they needed an empty bladder for it... Actually sent me out to go to the toilet twice cause it kept filling up xx

I've had a lot of urine infections in the past and they were painful sometimes! I don't think I've got a urine infection though.

I think it's just my bladder swelling or something :( like perhaps baby is pushing onto my bladder because it's full which makes it sore. xxx

a was gonna say urine infection cos when i have had 1 previously was alotpain in me side but a not 2sure x

Don't think it's an infection cause my pee doesn't smell rank :lol:
Last time I had a UTI I was in pain every second :( Had to go to A&E because of it (thought I might have been pregnant too - which turned out I wasn't).

I went for a wee this morning and it was a big one, but I had no pain. Don't think my bladder was as full as the other times though. xxx

you can get a lot of urine infections when being pregnant maybe shud get it checked out just incase x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back