raspberry leaf tea

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Hello!

I know I already posted about this before but I finally plucked up the courage to try my tea and found that i love it! I think its because I used to drink alot of fruit teas so i'm used to it.
So I did a search on here and online and nearly everywhere says you should build up from 1 cup a day to about 4 or 6 a day when you are in the final weeks.

My question is: Is the gradual build up because most people hate it and have to get used to it? or is it another reason-am I going to do any harm if I'm drinking 4 cups now? I really do like it!

It's not harmful at all (and I drink more normal tea than 4 cups per day anyway so I'm sure it's absolutely fine!)

Go for it!! It's supposed to be great for tearing/cervix so the more the better I say!! :cheer:

Maybe your miniature will take it as a hint to leave Mama's house! xx

I bought some but still not tried it as everyone says how yuk it is!! (Aren't I a scardy cat!)

I'm sure it will do no harm at this stage. Especially if you find it yum!

Im not sure, but I wouldnt have thought it would do any harm at this stage to jump straight onto 4 cups. I think the only reason they tell you to build it up is so you can start taking it earlier around 34/35 weeks and obviously dont wanna go into labour then. :D I personally cant stand the stuff, tried one cup and spat it straight out :puke: :shakehead: so went onto the tablets instead. Have been taking them for a couple of weeks now but gonna up my dose steadily over the next couple of weeks and hope they do the job in labour :pray: x

I bought the tablets and started taking them a few days ago. I hate tea of any sorts :puke:

raspberry leaf tea...

sorry to intrude posts, but what does this do? and when should you start drinking it? xxx

Its recommended to build up from 33/34 weeks with the tea from one cup a day and over a couple of weeks to be at the maximum. Then to keep drinking that amount and also after giving birth as it helps healing/bleeding.

I'd suggest getting some tablets instead at this point to get the most benefit from RL. The tea is a much weaker form of it anyways and will still take a fair while to have possible benefits. Even if you start drinking more of it, its still far weaker.

And as someone has mentioned it as being a labour inducer, its not! RLT is not a labour inducer. It helps the second stage of labour (pushing baby out) and promotes healing and stems blood loss.

Tea from 33/34 weeks and increase amount.

Tablets from 36/37 weeks and again build up over a week or so to the maximum dose.

Read about raspberry leaf here http://www.pregnancy.com.au/raspberry_leaf.htm

Sherlock said:
Its recommended to build up from 33/34 weeks with the tea from one cup a day and over a couple of weeks to be at the maximum. Then to keep drinking that amount and also after giving birth as it helps healing/bleeding.

I'd suggest getting some tablets instead at this point to get the most benefit from RL. The tea is a much weaker form of it anyways and will still take a fair while to have possible benefits. Even if you start drinking more of it, its still far weaker.

And as someone has mentioned it as being a labour inducer, its not! RLT is not a labour inducer. It helps the second stage of labour (pushing baby out) and promotes healing and stems blood loss.

Tea from 33/34 weeks and increase amount.

thank you sherlock xx

Tablets from 36/37 weeks and again build up over a week or so to the maximum dose.

Read about raspberry leaf here http://www.pregnancy.com.au/raspberry_leaf.htm

i hate all teas and coffee's never drink any of them, but i really like drinking the raspberry leaf tea....i dont find it horrible at all, perhaps as i dont have an idea of what 'good' tea should taste like.

I think you should get the tablets and the tea, its hard to fit in all those cups of tea, especially if you go out at all.

Ooh. I just had my first mug today and I like it too. I've definitely had worse (green tea, nettle tea etc).

I hated the stuff!! I jsut about managed to drink a cup or two a day when it was cold weather but as it got warmer and i had to drink more i used to mix it with blackcurrent juice, id really recommend that, it still has a slight taste but is much easier to drink.

Id say it worked too, i had a great experience giving birth.

I don't drink any tea so had better get myself some tablets!

Thanks for the replies ladies- I think i'll pop out and get some tablets tomorrow too but at least I know I can keep drinking the yummy tea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back