• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raspberry leaf tea

xx emma xx

Reaction score
I had my first cup tonight and for some reason decided to google it (I google everything). I ended up on baby centre and it said it's wise not to drink if you have a family history or personal history of breast and ovarian cancer. My mum has had breast cancer and there's been a few other female cancers in my family so now I don't know what to do. Its probably best I stop drinking it :(

For anyone wanting info on who shouldn't drink it here's the link...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnan...gyourbabysbirth/raspberryteaeaselabourexpert/

Well I'm doomed because I've finished the box and my granny died of ovarian cancer.
Oh well lol.

I can't see how the tea has an affect on that to be honest. I'm still tempted to keep taking it. But my mum will no doubt go mad at me cos she's very scared ill get breast cancer cos she had it. Xx

I bet it's gross isn't it? I'm terrible with drinks, i'm super fussy so if it tastes like all the other fruit teas then i'm stuffed lol

No cancer in my family at all but it's a fruit tea, how can it do anything harmful?! x

I'm not sure. The baby centre website is the only place I've read that, strange.

It didn't taste nice at first but it was bareable to drink after a couple of sips. I could defo handle a couple of cups per day. Whether I should keep drinking it I don't know.
There's warnings on everything these days! X

midwives recommend it it dont they and they dont ask if you have family history of cancer? x

I hate the taste too, but if you put some squash in it and either let it cool or put it in the fridge it tastes much better :)

I dont think it has much taste at all so dont mind drinking it... I think it silly to connect it to cancer but they do it with everything nowadays though.

I know you can't drink or eat so many things cos they link it to cancer. If we were to stop eating and drinking the stuff we would be on bread and water lol. X

I love the taste of it, its quite subtle. The link everything to cancer nowadays so I wouldn't wore to much about it.
X

Ohh when ru supposed to start drinking it & how much?
I second the everything is supposed to be cancer causing thing, plus ur only going to be taking it for 5 weeks or so, its not like ur a hardcore user!x

I think ideally you start at 32 weeks having one cup a day then gradually build it up to two weeks.
I have started late though. I hope I'm not drinking it for 5 weeks cos I'm due in 4 lol. :) xx

i was going to ask when to start drinking it. think i might go get some then. xxx

I've read that at 32 weeks = 1 cup, 34 weeks = 2 cups, 36 weeks = 3 cups, 38 weeks = 4 cups and 40 weeks+ = 5 cups x

I think it softens the cervix and is meant to make your contractions more efficient so your pushing time is shorter. It might not work, but it's worth a go incase it does

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back