Raspberry leaf tea.... Does it really work?

Stella_25

Reaction score
Hi there.... someone told me that Raspberry leaf tea is good for cutting your labour in half? she suggested I should drink it from about 6/7 months untill end of pregnancy,has anyone else heard of this? :D

Your meant to drink ity or pop the pills a month before your due and no sooner!
It certainly didnt cut my labour in half, but i was 4 days early which helped and my uterus certainly went back to size quicxkly.

Thanks for that... Just wondering why cant I take it sooner? is there a risk I would go into labour early?

Possible yes, as it tones your uterus, could send you off into early labour, unlikely, but anything is possible and people have had their babies early due to it.

Okay... Thanks I think I'ii wait then till I'm 8 months!! lol Dont want to have this Baby too early :shock:

Stella i took it from 34 weeks and i still went 5 days overdue :roll: .
I have a fairly quick labour (6hours) and i was only pushing for 10 min but i dont really think that was down to the RL as my mum had quick labour with all her kids too. but you never know, taking it wont hurt you,and anything that may help during labour is welcome in my books :D .

Your right there little*red... My first labour was pretty good 12 hours and same as you pushing for about 10 mins... but I'ii try the Rasberry leaf tea... you never know it might work... here's hoping....lol :D

I was given different advice by my midwife and have been on:-

*1 cup a day from 28 weeks
*2 cups a day from 32 weeks

and will be going to:-

*3 cups a day from 36 weeks - I'm mighty sick of it now!

It's supposed to tone your uterus for labour.

Valentine xxx

im gonna ask my mw about this see what she says.

do u get it on prescription or can u buy it in supermarkets?

Hi there enn.... I think you can buy them in the supermarket.... I'm going to have a look 2moro.x

I was told to start from 32 weeks. i've already bought my tea bags, just got to wait 4 more weeks to start them!!

K.xxx

i have been thinking of trying this myself and think im going to get some this weekend.
if it helps then thats good but if not then i havnt lost anything

Im only going on advice i was offered over 3 years ago but my new MW said i cxan take it from 32 weesk as well!

I drank raspberry leaf tea from 36weeks in my first pregnancy. I was 41+1 when I went into labour...and it lasted from 0cm to having a baby in my arms, less than 6 hours. I had no help either and managed to push Tia out within 20mins. I am only 5ft 6in and not heavily built and my daughter was 8lb 9oz so I am a firm believer that it works.

Give it a go...

I got some today at holland & barrett.... a bit eager i know... but i'm not going to try untill I'm a bit further along in my pregnancy.

Il be getting the pills from hollond and barrat, as the tea was fecking disgusting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back