Raspberry leaf tea....

Ooo cold sounds good!I shall bear this in mind, thank you for all your opinions lovely ladies :) xxx

Cold is a great idea! I don't like hot drinks and am constantly thirsty so this is a great tip for me! Thanks xx

What you want to help induce you is Mamas ready tea (they have a whole load of mamas teas-before conception-labour-after baby). They sell
it in tesco and you drink it from 38 weeks.

It's a raspberry leaf tea that also inkides tosehip and motherwort which were both use by midwives back in the day.x

Well I had my first cup last night whilst watching one born every minute and I have to say i was pleasantly suprised as i really enjoyed it. I always add a bit of honey to my fruit teas anyway so it was nice xxx

I've had my first cup this morning, it was quite nice, but needed sweetening for sure! x

I've had my first cup this morning, it was quite nice, but needed sweetening for sure! x

Yes, I agree that it can be quite bitter. I like to use Stevita to sweeten because it's healthy and it adds no calories. Sugar and honey always leave a gross taste in my mouth.

im loving the stuff. and have taken bags into work to have on my breaks! Everyone i have mentioned it to seems to say it worked wonders!

day 2 and im already wanting to drink more than 1 a day!

Hellooo :D

Well, I asked the MW tonight at my Parent Craft class, and she said:

They don't advise taking RLT before you're 37weeks, because that's an ideal length of time for it to absorb into your body, and also it's safer for baby.
She said she's found it to be beneficial to the girls who have taken it, and it's worth a go - but not before 37 weeks (she was quite clear about that, apparently it's not gone down so well before that milestone.)

Hope that helps girlies! xx

Yeah ive seen 32, 35 and 37 weeks. Maybe it should just be a case of doing whatever it says on the box as they wouldn't be able to sell it with inaccurate information on it. I think I'll do what i did last time and wait until 35 weeks. Seemed to work wonders then, just didn't know if things had changed since then x

I've seen all three, and I probably would have been taking it earlier to be honest, except I just hadn't bothered buying any until recently.
Glad I didn't though, as the MW said that.

On the box it just says not to take it in the early stages of pregnancy, and pregnant women should consult their healthcare professional before drinking the tea.... not really any indicator there :S

I took it in capsule form and my second stage of labour was really quick - I got to hospital at 3am when I was 5cm dilated, at 07:51am I had my beautiful baby girl :) Would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for asking Leah!!Your a star xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back