Questions you shouldn't ask a pregnant woman!

When people ask what formula I will be using automatically making the assumption I am bottle feeding :lol: I'd rather they ask than make assumptions.

The MIDWIFE did that to me the morning after I had my first baby.
She just appeared with a trolley and asked me what formula I wanted. I was confused for a minute and then went "I'm breastfeeding" and she turned and walked off.

All of the above really.

I dont think its appropriate to ask if it was planned/were you trying? I dnt ask anyone elses bedroom antics.
Have you had the baby? Yes, I snuck into the hospital gave birth and just didnt tell a soul.
When are you due now? Same date as before.
Are you wanting one of each? One of each is nice. Yes in YOUR opinion.
You dont look very well today. How are you feeling? Umm like I wanna punch your throat then ask you.
You look huge, yes I am growing a human being. Whats your excuse?
I think your going to go soon. Thanks for the prediction Mystic Meg.
Any names? Yes, I have names but you dont NEED to know everything.
Are you sure theres not twins in there? No theres fucking 8 now shut up!!

Im going into hiding when I go on MAT leave. I cant bear it all. Everyone who wouldnt ask about how your day was needing to know every detail.

xxxx

I got asked how long until my baby was due today whilst at work ... When I responded September as I'm only 8 weeks the guy just stood there with his jaw to the floor ... Then said ' not to be rude love but you have a huge bump' x

Last edited:
I can relate to all of these too! My worst one is the "was it planned" thing and that drives me mental! When I reply a very blunt "yes" it's like a sigh of relief wave over these people! So weird isn't it xx

It's just wrong though, just because she wasn't planned it doesn't mean you don't or won't love her as if she was planned. Plus I bet half of the people shocked had unplanned children :) x

I can relate to all of these too! My worst one is the "was it planned" thing and that drives me mental! When I reply a very blunt "yes" it's like a sigh of relief wave over these people! So weird isn't it xx

I had the opposite, I think my aunt was actually relieved when I said it was not planned :eh:
Because, you know, being 30 and having my own home and 2 older kids, and pets, must mean I'd have to be stupid or crazy for wanting (and planning) another baby?? :think: :roll:

You don't look pregnant at all! (Yeah, sure, I do feel pregnant. Sick all day. Wanna trade?)
On the day I first could fit into normal jeans again after the birth: Wait until you have your second, these jeans will never fit again. (That's encouraging...)
How far are you? (You asked me yesterday, so probably I'll be one day further than yesterday)

The only question which grinds my gears is "whats the weight "? Just....why. I dont understand

In my last doctor's appointment, the doctor asked me three, yes, three times if my pregnancy was planned.
Rude words and lots of them. I am 34, married and have been trying for 2 years which is on my notes as was referred for help! Nearly complained as I find this really offensive. Once, maybe, but 3 times, with each answer a resounding yes, not acceptable and very annoying!

Your doctor!! Oh that's rude! Although I think that they need to ask, every time I went to see someone they asked ... but not over and over again lol xx

I had a client of mine say oh I heard you were pregnant, it obviously wasn't planned so are you keeping it???
Erm yes it was planned just because we aren't married he was planned and yes I am keeping him!! I honestly nearly burst into tears xx

I remember posting on here back in my first pregnancy about how I found out that my baby was a girl at the 20 week scan. The technician had said she was 70% sure as the baby had her legs crossed.
I told a friend of a friend who i didnt know that well at a party and she said with all seriousness and without a hint of a joke 'oh are you worried it's going to be a hermaphrodite?'
No, I really wasn't worried!!

Well my worst has has to be "oh same dad?" Omg!! Me and my husband had a gap with our first and second of 7 years due to careers and I got asked this several times during my pregnancy even from the midwife!!

What annoys me the most is when people assume it's just ours (the women's) baby & doesn't take in to consideration the partner or how they feel, I've had some family members act as if I'm a single mum already! X

Well my worst has has to be "oh same dad?" Omg!! Me and my husband had a gap with our first and second of 7 years due to careers and I got asked this several times during my pregnancy even from the midwife!!
I had that one too with my second, even though there was only 2.5yrs between them :think:
I assume it was because I was young (21 when my second was born) they just assumed I was with a different guy? :eh:

This time though my youngest is 9 and it is a different dad, so can't get too annoyed I guess.

Mine are different dads and I forgot about that question lol I get it all the time. People are like "aren't you disappointed they're with different men" it's like fuck off I live my life how I like. Lol sorry it just rattles me

Not a question, but today I had "oh, you must be due really soon" - I look That big apparently!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back