Questions you shouldn't ask a pregnant woman!

:rofl: kitty that's not what you need to hear is it! Mind you, you're over half way now! Xx

I had a colleague tell me my bump was very small for the number of weeks I was and then go on to say that she was surprised I wasn't having regular ultrasounds!! The midwife hadn't even started measuring me then which led me to worry unnecessarily for 2 weeks before my appointment.

Also had senior colleaguesl looking surprised when they found out I was pregnant and asking me if baby was planned! I'm 30 and married so I don't know when they expected me to have a baby!

Not the question here that winds me up, but the follow up comments I get.

The question is 'how are you doing?'

'Very tired', is usually my answer. Because that is how I've been since I was 5 weeks pregnant. Tired tired tired all the time. The response almost every time, from almost every single person that I ever said this to...

'Oh just wait until the baby comes. Then you'll know tired.'

Uh, thanks. Not helpful.

Not the question here that winds me up, but the follow up comments I get.

The question is 'how are you doing?'

'Very tired', is usually my answer. Because that is how I've been since I was 5 weeks pregnant. Tired tired tired all the time. The response almost every time, from almost every single person that I ever said this to...

'Oh just wait until the baby comes. Then you'll know tired.'

Uh, thanks. Not helpful.

Oh my god - why do people bother! Every morning on the school run; other mums ask. How are you feeling? I say "same as yesterday, tired and sick" and one of them replied "oh well some people can't have kids so I guess you've got to suck it up and get on with it" - well don't flaming well ask me how I'm feeling because I'm being honest, this sucks a bit feeling this rough day in day out! Xx

Apparently I'm not supposed to feel tired this early in pregnancy according to my mil well that's what she said with my first pregnancy, because she was never tired. Ok then.
She said if I'm anything like her I'll be sick all day every day. .. considering she's my mil I really doubt I'd be anything like her.
She asked I'd baby was having dummy, yes. Why do people get so fucking offended that I'll be giving my baby a dummy? She said the baby will not be having a dummy in her house... ok you'll jus have to come to mine to see baby then. No one is telling me what I can and can't do with my own baby. Ugh.

Last edited:
Oh my god - why do people bother! Every morning on the school run; other mums ask. How are you feeling? I say "same as yesterday, tired and sick" and one of them replied "oh well some people can't have kids so I guess you've got to suck it up and get on with it" - well don't flaming well ask me how I'm feeling because I'm being honest, this sucks a bit feeling this rough day in day out! Xx

Totally! Yes, we realise there are many many women out there who are desperate to be in our situation. Some of us spent many months/years wanting this more than anything before it happened. None of that actually makes some of these symptoms any less sucky thank you very much.

It's right up there with 'There are people starving in Africa' whenever you complain that life is hard sometimes.

Haha exactly. So bloody annoying isn't it - I would actually never ask pregnant people half the shit I get asked or what has been asked on this thread. Everyone else in the world are nutters! Xx

Apparently I'm not supposed to feel tired this early in pregnancy according to my mil well that's what she said with my first pregnancy, because she was never tired. Ok then.
She said if I'm anything like her I'll be sick all day every day. .. considering she's my mil I really doubt I'd be anything like her.
She asked I'd baby was having dummy, yes. Why do people get so fucking offended that I'll be giving my baby a dummy? She said the baby will not be having a dummy in her house... ok you'll jus have to come to mine to see baby then. No one is telling me what I can and can't do with my own baby. Ugh.

Mil are trouble sometimes, I've had a few run ins with mine over my little boy as she seems to think her opinion is right, try throwing a strop it soon works :)
We have a thing for nick naming the bump something silly, I came up with what I wanted to call it so I'm calling it that, yet she will continue to call it the name she wanted me to call it ... And now we know it's twins she thinks we can combine the names together ... And tell me how much I should or shouldn't spend on a pram and various other stuff ... If I don't listen to my own mum why would I listen to her lol.

If you want a dummy for YOUR baby, you get one :) and I hope your tiredness wears off soon x

I think the best one i saw was on Facebook a while ago, a friend has posted a pic of her newborn and i kid you not, someone wrote, have you had the baby? There weren't enough facepalms to go round for that comment

I had loads of people ask me if ours was planned too- not one person looked awkward about asking which shocked me as I wouldn't dream of asking anyone that!
Also got very fed up with the "if you think your tired now.." Comments- it's a very different kind of tired

Worst one when its your second is "you'll be wanting a girl this time?" Because we have a boy. I am having a girl and my grandma said "oh thank his, you jay be relieved!" Like id be disappointed to have another boy! Irritating as hell.

Hands down "was it planned" question, like mind your own damnnnn business!! And these days I hate the question whether we're having another one or throw back pics of being pregnant leads to the question if we're having anymore. We just don't want anymore children but going into having a child it becomes reality how many people struggle to conceive, I can just imagine how hurtful it can be for people who would love to be blessed with more children!

I also hated people saying I would deff go over with it being my first and that I would deff want an epidural! Like how do you know what I want and when my body and my baby are ready..!?

:lol: people drummed into me id go early and i went 2 weeks over. Not listening next time!!

I says to OH about this before. that asking was it planned was rude, he seems to think in the mens world its ok as they seem to ask each other those things... I says but women get asked too and usually we hate it!!

Both of ours was planned but I still dont like the question or that im expected to divulge my sex life, because quite often the how long were you trying comes next!!

xxxx

I just wanted to add this as I was completely shocked when I got asked by a locum doctor whilst getting a repeat prescription if this baby had the same father as my other children ??? Couldn't quite believe the ordasity of the question !! Completely non medical question regarding a repeat prescription for my regular levothyroxine !! Sorry had to vent this lol

Oh my god!!! What's that got to do with him! I'd be sooo fuming!

My friend has a little boy hes about 2 but it worked out she conceived after being back at work for a month :lol: she wanted both of the kids close in age and shes not exactly fresh in the job poppi kids out.

Anyway her boss asked her if she was planning to have anymore as she isnt long back and going off again.

I think thats a punchable offence. Coming from a work appropriate type questions.

My old old old manager bumped into me when I was pregnant and somehow felt the need to say "Oh is it Davids" umm yes only the guy Ive been with since highschool.

So rude!!

xxxx

I told my mom and all I got was are u getting rid? I sat and cried when I got home. I lost a child at 14 months old 3 years ago today and I thought that was rude coming from my mom. I know i have 3 already but I couldn't get rid of a child who didn't ask to be conceived.

I was completely fuming I have to say !! Just plain judgemental and rude very unprofessional !! Might I add I'm married and have been for many years !!
Wow another case of serious lack of professionalism Russellmuscle although I think would they ask there friends these type of questions ?? Or is it a power trip thing !!
Mum2and1angel I'm so sorry that's awful really terrible xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back