Booking In Questions?

frankie707

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I've got my booking in appointment tomorrow and was just wondering if there were any questions you wish you had asked and what questions did you ask the midwife?
Dont want her to leave and then me come up with loads of questions afterwards :)
Thanks in advance.

OOhh great question Frankie!

I would have asked more about when you would expect to hear the heartbeat, so at which appointment she would try to look for it!

My midwife was disapointed when I didn't take a sample of wee along with me fokr testing, but I didn't realise or have a suitable container (So if you go early , you can normally ask at the reception in a docs for one so you can visit the loo in the centre if they have one or take one from home)

I would have asked more about local hopspitals, choice of care, but I had to decide before I went so they could fill in the right preg notes.

I would have also asked if they run local Antenatel groups from the same health centre and ask where I could get information for later on.

Top Tip - Take a bag unless you want the neighbours or anyone you bump into to know you pregnant yet, (you get lots booklets, Emma's Diary and A4 wallett of info with "Pregnancy " doen the side in large letters!

Enjoy X

I got my booking in appointment tomorrow as well :).

Maybe about who to turn to if you have any questions/problems. My hospital had shared care with the GP so some of my apps where with the GP and some with the midwife. So when I was excpecting my son and all of a sudden had a worry I wasn't sure who to call.

Thanks so much, she's coming to my house (live in a rural area). Doesn't say anything on the letter about urine sample - Do you think I should try and find something to collect wee in? If so is it supposed to be fmu?

my mw gives me little tubs for urine samples when she comes to my house. she mite have something with her

Wow Frankie, she comes to your house!!! that will be so much more relaxing than queuing at the docs!
I would wait and let he tell you then as you can nip off and wee in your own bathroom while she is there!

Yeah good point Kiki, who to ask or call how to contact her etc if something happens

it said on my letter to take some with me and mine was not first thing x

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread! It's because of it that I remembered to take my wee to my booking in appointment yesterday! It also helped me think about what questions to ask, but didn't need to ask them in the end as midwife answered them all anyway. She only failed when it came to taking blood - tried and failed twice (and I'm needle phobic so not a good experience!)

Glad you enjoyed your booking in Indigo!

Thanks so much, she's coming to my house (live in a rural area). Doesn't say anything on the letter about urine sample - Do you think I should try and find something to collect wee in? If so is it supposed to be fmu?

Hi

When the midwife visited me at home for booking in visit, she gave me the stick to check for protein and asked me to wee on it while she was here. She then gave me a pot for my next appointment. When I had scan yesterday, they gave me a new pot to replace the one I had filled for them! I think they do that each time from what I could gather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back