Questions you shouldn't ask a pregnant woman!

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I was just thinking about the last time we told family we were expecting. It's really getting on my last nerve we have to go through it all again now. It's like i was being fucking interigated. Ughhhh. :wall2::mad:

The worst question I got asked was 'was it planned' ... WTF has it got to do with anyone if our baby was planned or not, it's rude! If we said no it was an accident I bet you we wouldn't ever hear the end of it, and saying it was planned we'd get stuff like oh your abit young, shouldn't you have waited etc. Honestly I don't think I'd be able to hold my tongue this time.

Have you got baby names yet? Yes, but we're not telling anyone - they get offended ffs. Personally I donot want anyone knowing until we know the sex and we might change it, there's plenty of fking time!

Are you breastfeeding? Maybe I don't know, I might change my mind after I have the baby, maybe I won't be able to breastfeed, this i don't find that bad but my mum was going to breastfeed but was unable to, so I would just be embarrassed when the next lot of questions came after I said I wasn't anymore.

I haven't obviously been asked this yet but I dread to think my response 'are you sure your not having twins' I feel angry already, yup you just make me feel more huge then I already do!

Have you guys got any questions or quotes you hate?
xx

My worst is the 'was it planned?' It gets me beyond annoyed. I think it's just such a rude question. Why does it matter and why is it anyone's business?! Grrr. That one really gets me. I'm quite a sarcy northern girl so if any other questions come my way and I find them rude I'll be sure to have a quick response so I'm not too worried about anything else.
Last time I was a bit of a mouse, I WAS young and it WAS unplanned and I guess I felt I deserved all the questions but this time they'll be getting told where to stick them :) xxx

Great thread. Not had any questions yet as we haven't announced... So at least i know whats coming. Ohhh the joys....
Xx

Aha. I can't see why people ask questions other than are you happy, or how are you feeling. Why can't they just be happy there's going to be a new addition!
I hated the question are you going to have a baby soon, i mean fair enough ask, but it's quite personal, what if we were having trouble conceiving. I could have cried when people asked me if I was going to start a family after my mc, only a few people new, so I threw at them "I've just had a miscarriage" doubt they'll ever ask again! And good! Ugh. Like having a baby isnt hard enough with people down your throat! Lol xx
Just on a rant it's really wound me up xD

Are you going to bf is definitely a popular one. My step brother asked if I was going to leave it in front of the to all day as I like to chill out and watch tv. Err no obviously and come back when you've had your own child or even looked after one! X

:eek: I can't believe he asked that!
The worst thing I got from my brother was when we was waiting for early scan to see if baby was there still, as hubby was away with work, asked him to come with me. He said "Imagine if there's something wrong with your baby, and this persons baby is ok" (person had a really low chance of having a successful pregnancy but she did) & I didn't, think hubby still mad about that. About him saying that not the chance lol

Last edited:
Haven't had any yet as we haven't told anyone yet, really!

Though I am not looking forward to "Were you trying?/Was it planned?" because what they're really asking you is: "Have you been having regular sex?!" which is a VERY WEIRD QUESTION, especially from a colleague or family member!!

Omg how insensitive!

I used to get the when are you going to have a baby all the time especially after the wedding. At first I used to laugh it off but towards the end I would just bluntly tell people we were trying and having issues. That would shut them up! X

:rofl:

Tbh I remember asking a friend at work if she was going to have anymore kids (she had twins). It was only when she found out I was pregnant she told me she couldn't naturally concive and had to have ivf for the twins. Obviously I felt bad for asking, so you never know what someones going/been through

Last edited:
I always get "was it planned?!" too - with a shocked/horrified look.
My AUNTIE actually asked me that this time and I thought SHE'd have been more tactful given her only child was an unplanned pregnancy (with a man who left her when he found out)!!!

I got it the first two times because I was young I guess (18 & 21).

Another one I am SICK of is "how are you going to cope/manage?"
Grrr.

Because I have 2 older kids, and lots of pets.
But mostly it [was] my parents who were asking rude/annoying questions (with the undertone 'you won't manage').
More recently they've been better. Guess they are getting used to it.

Last edited:
My current favourite at one day overdue is 'is baby here yet?!'. Yes, I had it a f**king week ago and just forgot to mention it...

"Are you hoping for a girl since you've already got a boy? I bet you are" urm, no. I honestly don't care what gender my child is!

Not a question but a statement a family member said "if you have a girl you shouldn't have any more, what's the point," the amount of children I want does not come down to gender, to any of my children!

Ooh, I hate the questions too, when I had my little boy, I was in the supermarket and this random lady started asking if I breast fed, I said no and she still went on for 10 mins about how she breastfed. I didn't know her.
i also hate the ' would you like a boy or a girl?'

I wouldn't tell family if i wanted a boy or girl cos they'll be like i bet your disappointed if Ito the different sex lol xx

My response is usually .... I don't mind all I want is healthy x

Mines was wen u having another wen we had just had our daughter an now that im nearing the end of this pregnancy all i get is "hav u no dropped yet" or "u cany have long to go" talk about turning pregzilla i just throw folk a look lol xx

Just thought of another one! God I'm getting myself riled up here haha..
"Well, don't be having any more after this one"
What!!! Is there a limit these days? I've always wanted two but imagine if I wanted more and someone has basically told me I shouldn't!
I'm going to end up being really rude to people this pregnancy I think. Some questions/comments are so inappropriate I'm going to try my best to make my answers/responses just as inappropriate.

I'm dreading telling family this time around, we already have 3 boys that are very energetic and hard work, all 3 have been bet wetters and its no secret i struggle some days, this pregnancy was unplanned but were going with it as we feel whats meant to be is meant to be, however i know that my family are going to be very negative, if i could keep it a secret for 9 months i would!!

Also AngelLily im with you on that one, i remember people saying to me after 2nd and 3rd son were born 'are you gutted its another boy' and i know people this time will be saying 'bet your hoping for a girl' well of course id love a bloody girl but a healthy baby is all i want whatever the sex!!!!

My friend is due her 4th baby in July and she put up a meme on facebook that said something like "Please keep your opinions on the size of my family to yourself"

One that I have got a few times recently (like today!!) is on the size of my bump "oh, it's/you're quite big for 18 weeks!" :|:?
I keep saying "Well yes, it's my 3rd, I'm not going to have a small bump" and laughing it off, but it's annoying now lol. I don't even think it's that big for almost half way :roll::lol:

Might start saying it's twins or triplets just for the fun of it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hate the old "do you know what your having?" I usually say "yes a puppy" or "well we are hoping for a baby" haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back