question, oh last name or mine?

Kayelle

Reaction score
I wanted from the start for bumpy to have oh last name, we are not married yet but plan to be, so I will eventually have the name too. But mum told me today I couldn't register him as a diff name to me, I didn't think it was true but need to check I'm worried now! Anyone know? Thanks :)

I'm not in your position so can't say for sure, but I'm pretty convinced that baby can be in oh name if he listed on the birth certificate. If you plan on having the same name eventually then I'd just go ahead and give oh surname to baby

My cousin is not married and all the kids have their dads last name not hers x

If you're unmarried the father needs to be there to register baby as well (for baby to have his name)

OH and have no intentions of ever marrying but if we do get our sticky bean it will have his surname...

xxxxxxxxxx

We aren't getting married but baby will def be getting their daddys last name. My sisters son has his daddys last name and they aren't married xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Jack has his Daddy's sirname. OH had to be there to register his birth and also because he's on the birth certificate he gets 50/50 Parental rights over him if we ever split x

Yes I registered my first three kids as there dads name only, but he was there for registration. I was quite shocked with my last that I could do it on my own! My sister also was not married when she had her daughter and on the birth cert - gave her a double barrel name so ikf anything happened she had the choice of both or either last name as my sister felt, that she shouldn't have to depol to change her name later on if it didn't go smoothly with relationship. The daughter only uses the last part of the double barrel (the dads name) , but has the option to change to mothers name

Last edited:
Owen is registered under his dads surname. We both had to go to the office together to do it. We re engaged but Obv I'm the odd one out now!!

I know a lot of people are happy not to be married and some are not bothered about surnames, but I suposed its because I hate mine cos of my father, and think it would be nice to be all the same one day, my lil family :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back