question for those who LO have reflux

hugsy

Reaction score
still trying to figure out if kayla has colic or reflux

im leaning more at reflux but going by symptoms in book im not sure

just wondering what ur lo'sdo ?

k will cry hysterically out of the blue and will calm after half hour on my chest upright
she arches her back trowing her legs out straight when crying and when feeding if i stop to try wind her
she also seems like there is something in her mouth at times but isn't always screaming when it happen

what's confusing is she very rarely vomits?

iv seen some posts about infant gaviscon before, is that prescription or over counter ?

It sounds like it xould be silent reflux hun, which from what I remember is where they don't throw up, but have all the other symptoms! Infant gaviscon's prescription only, it's defo worth seeing your doc and seeing what they say! I was in constantly with E when she was a baby :lol:

Sounds like reflux, they dont always throw up. G didnt. xxx

Harlow has silent reflux and she doesn't throw up.

Symptoms are similar to Harlows too, she is constantly swallowing and dribbling.

Does your lil one arch ther back?

She doesn't have gaviscon. She got prescribed renatidine and donperidone.

yeah she arches her back all the time, when shes due a feed , when i try and burp her and when she crys

She also hiccups a awful lot

When we ended up in hospital last week over here breathing problem one of the things they mentioned was reflux because of the strange grunting noise she makes from her troath but they didnt mention it again or ask any questions that might lead to it ( still waiting on her home oxygen saturation test too so not any the wiser on that one either)

The only thing they did say was that they only gave medication in sevear cases which your poor little thing seems to have

Might try calling health visitor who said it was colic and tell her i think its reflux n see if she has any advise

Definitely sounds like reflux to me. Youcve described the same symptoms Chloe has. Xx

ment to also say she only ealy has problems during the day, she seems fine during the night , her mosses is raised up but she still crys hysterically in the day when in her swing seat?

Chloe isn't affected at night either but she sleeps through so doesn't have any feeds. You've done the right thing raising her Moses basket. Keep her upright for half hour or so after every feed as well as this will help keep everything down. I've also found the best way of winding afterwards is to rest Chloe on my knee and rub her back (not easy when she's arching her back) I used to hold her against me to wind her because I thought it would be more comforting for her. In actual fact what I was doing seemed to aggravate it more.

thanks hun, defo seems to sound like reflux allrite i think, both myself and hubby suffe with this so maybe its hereditary

Hmm interesting idea.

Just a little warning a lot of doctors are reluctant to diagnose reflux and fob you off with colic. First doctor I saw basically told me babies cry, deal with it. Don't be afraid to get a second opinion.

reflux is hereditary. my mum has it and so do i. my youngest brother has stomach issues and my other brother has had periodic stomach problems too.

Kayden has severe silent reflux & has all those symptoms & more, he has so much acid coming from his stomach that he's constantly swallowing & chokes on it sometimes & goes blue/struggles to breathe.

You should try not putting LO in the swing seat. Alot of baby seats/buggies/car seats are too deep & their tummies get squashed I was advised not to use any type of seat, which is difficult but you get used to it.

We had gaviscon which didn't work, ranitidine which didn't work, were now on omeprazole & Enfamil AR formula which seem to be working.

Hope you LO is better soon

xxxxxxxxxx

Oh no so it is my fault, guess techincally its mine n oh prents fault cos we got it from them lol

Gonna have to make app with doc and hope they take me seriously its so hard seeing her so upset all the time i get about 15 minutes here and there where shes happy the rest of the time shes just upset and in pain

nah, luck of the draw i think hun, my LO dosent seem to have a problem so far and i have reflux and my OH has ibs so if she got anything i would have been a stomach problem. i think lots of LO's seem to have reflux at first as the muscles are quite slack to start with and they often grow out of it unless its severe or persistent.

mine is the same! Thank god for this site. He seems to gag and choke when feeding and after, arches his back, struggles to bring up wind, makes loud gulping gasping noises when feeding, gets hiccups all the time, takes over an hour to feed on a small bottle, wants the bottle then when you put it in cries or gags on it, is only happy when on his front, side or on your chest and seems in pain all the time. When in scbu he went blue after a couple of feeds. He still gasps for breath sometimes in his sleep like hes forgot to breathe!!! Is this silent reflux as he doesn't vomit???

We have been having issues as well which our doctor seemed to think might be lactose intollerant. Last night we ended up in A & E cos Alyssias mouth was sore (seems shes got oral thrush) she was really struggling feeding as her mouth was so sore. We went and was taken upto the pediactric unit and when we went into the causes we told him about the possible lactose problem and hes saying it sounds more like reflux and that we need to go to GP and start treatment and they were going to sort her mouth out firstly. We went to Drs on monday as she wasent right and they say colic or when pushed a little suggested the lactose thing!

I feel so relieved, its so hard cos doctors dont seem to have much of a clue about pediatrics but you know your own child and they seem to want to pass it off as colic when its sometimes more. Take your LO to the doctors and get them seen and suggest the reflux. XX

yeah they all seem to contradict each other dont they
she was so bad yesterday we called emergency doc who did think it sounded like reflux but wanted to see her but by time she had called us she had gone asleep n didnt wanna wake her so didnt take her up, defo making doc app tmrw to getting it sorted cant go on like this

Leanne that does sound similar to how kayla is too, what did they say when it happened in scub

The doc's are a nightmare, i've seen 3 different GP's & they dont seem to have a clue about the silent reflux side of things. Baby doc's know more. Most times it takes an emergency (a visit to A&E) before it is diagnosed, its always explained away as other things, my LO was diagnosed by a baby doc at the kids hosp. You can try getting a referral to a kids hosp, off your doctor, I have been told to wait 3 months just to get an appointment, even tho my GP called it urgent.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeah they all seem to contradict each other dont they
she was so bad yesterday we called emergency doc who did think it sounded like reflux but wanted to see her but by time she had called us she had gone asleep n didnt wanna wake her so didnt take her up, defo making doc app tmrw to getting it sorted cant go on like this

Leanne that does sound similar to how kayla is too, what did they say when it happened in scub

when it happened in scbu they did a heart and chest xray etc etc but cos all was ok they said it was just wind!!!!! Crazy I know but I never questioned it as I was greatful to go home now I am struggling big time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back