Reflux

Siany1982

Reaction score
My first, a little girl (now 5 years old) had reflux as a baby, she would throw up every feed and scream constantly, arch her back etc etc, so when the drs found out she had reflux they put her on Gaviscon Powders, and she was so much better then...
So when I brought my little man home, and he started sicking up most feeds, constantly arched his back, wanting to feed even when he's not hungry, I said to the midwife I think he has reflux, but she said he couldnt have it because his weight loss was so minimal, only 20gram. So we spent the next 2 weeks with him screaming 24/7, hardly sleeping and being generally unhappy.. On Monday I decided to take him to see the Dr, I just couldnt handle it any longer. Within 5 mins of being in there the Dr said he had reflux... Bloody typical, see mothers do know best...
Anyway, within a few hours of having his first lot of Gaviscon, he was a completely different baby, and has been so happy and content ever since...
I am now really enjoying my new born so so much....
Siany and Fynn

A mother's instinct at work :)

Glad you got it sorted hun :)

docs done same to me :mad: u as a mother knows when there summat not right! glad all is well now tho :)

My HV watched T projectile vomit across the room every week, and were still not convinced whan the gaviscon worked, apparently it is the new 'in' thing... as if you would want your baby to have reflux cos it is trendy :wall2:
Glad you have it sorted though now, an early reminder that you know your baby best :hug:

I made the mistake of going out earlier with a bottle without a Gaviscon in it and he cried for hours after, I felt awful but he was so hungry and I didnt have time to get home to get a sachet...
Siany

My daughter had reflux as a baby. We used to buy a cow & gate mixture from the chemist. You could only order it but it was fab. Was just the tiniest scoop into a bottle, shake well, stand for 5 minutes & it turned into like pva glue! She never threw up again!

Downside was that I had to order it as was not sold straight over the counter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back