question about short luteal

jiggle

Reaction score
hi there

i have a luteal phase of 9 days, should i be worried about this?

i conceived before but miscarried at 6 weeks, i have been tryin to get pregnant for 9 months since, could the short luteal phase be the reason?

thanks

hi, sorry about your loss :hug:

my luteal phase changes from 9 days to 12 days, i have been trying to get pregnant since my loss in august, i really dont know if the short luteal phase is the reason for not conceiving but it does make sence :think: have you tried agnus castus there was someone posted in ttc about it she had a short luteal phase also and used this and her luteal phase lengthened, i think she is in first tri now :D

Hi, so sorry for your loss hun :hug:

From what I have read it does seem a short luteal phase can effect fertility, as you know its the time between ovulation and menstruation so there isnt really sufficient time for the egg to travel to where it should be, become fertilised, and attach before being discarded through your period. It doesnt mean there is no chance but it can mean your chances are reduced. Im not an expert though obviously, this is just what ive read before.

I would go and see your doctor if you havnt already, and explain that your worried and see if they can put your mind at rest or offer some advice.

Ive also heard that agnus castus can regulate cycles and ovulation so its worth a shot!

Good luck :hug:

hiya hun i had a short phase i also m/c in may at 8 weeks but now i am 18 weeks pregnant and this pregancy has been trouble free.
i think it may take slightly longer as it toke us 3 months first time and 2 months second time.
just keep at it
good luck
manda xx

Hi - I've read you can take progesterone (in a cream is fine I think), or try red raspberry to strengthen the uterus. :hug: :hug: :hug:

babydust said:
hi, sorry about your loss :hug:

my luteal phase changes from 9 days to 12 days, i have been trying to get pregnant since my loss in august, i really dont know if the short luteal phase is the reason for not conceiving but it does make sence :think: have you tried agnus castus there was someone posted in ttc about it she had a short luteal phase also and used this and her luteal phase lengthened, i think she is in first tri now :D

Hi

That's me!

I had a luteal phase of 9 days. I took Agnus Castus 2 tablets in the morning and 8 weeks later BFP (1st and 2nd month luteal phase went straight to 13 days and then 14 days but also got my BFP). I spoke to my GP who didn't seem to be concerned about the shortness but as I kept telling her it was a concern, she offered to do progesteron blood tests at Day 21, but luckily I got my my BFP.

Hope tat helps
Mx

I'm also worried about this. It's typical for me to have a short LP of 10/11 days.

The last 2 cycles I've started spotting for several days before my AF has started.

I've bought agnus castus but I have irritable bowel syndrome and I'm really sensitive to supplements now so I'm reluctant to take anything in case it aggravates my IBS.

Took evening primrose oil capsules and it delayed ov for me by 10 days or so and made me very, very ill with severe IBS pains. Pregnacare also caused me IBS pains so have to be careful taking supplements now.

Has anybody tried that progestrone cream? I don't want to try anything without speaking to my GP first. I think I'll make an appointment this month after AF.

It's encouraging to hear that some of you still managed to get pg with a short luteal phase though. I must remember that I managed it with my son too.

Bagpuss17 said:
I'm also worried about this. It's typical for me to have a short LP of 10/11 days.

The last 2 cycles I've started spotting for several days before my AF has started.

I've bought agnus castus but I have irritable bowel syndrome and I'm really sensitive to supplements now so I'm reluctant to take anything in case it aggravates my IBS.

Took evening primrose oil capsules and it delayed ov for me by 10 days or so and made me very, very ill with severe IBS pains. Pregnacare also caused me IBS pains so have to be careful taking supplements now.

Has anybody tried that progestrone cream? I don't want to try anything without speaking to my GP first. I think I'll make an appointment this month after AF.

It's encouraging to hear that some of you still managed to get pg with a short luteal phase though. I must remember that I managed it with my son too.

Hi

I found the Agnus Castus made my progestrone levels rise thus increase the luteal phrase, only the side affect of this was to make me contispated, so it may not be good for your IBS. (Now my progestrone levels are high due to pregnancy so still contispated :roll: )

Another thing I read was DON'T drink Green tea and take Agnus Castus, as the Green tea cancels out the effcts of the Agnus Castus!

Hope this helps

Mx

Thanks Moofa, if I didn't have IBS I would start taking it but I seem to have it under control at the moment and I don't want to upset the balance.

Good tip about the green tea though as I drink that. Though I'm drinking lots of peppermint tea at the mo to help with my digestion.

I'm off to the docs next week to see what they say about the spotting. I had it in August and the nurse told me to go back if it carries on as it's not normal to spot like this between cycles.

Green Tea also prevents the effectivness of Folic Acid too

Does it :shock:

I think I'll stay off the green tea for a while then....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back