Question about cot/cotbed Mattresses?????

Lynzlogan87

Reaction score
Hi All,

well as you're probably aware i have a 3yr old son.

When i was having him we went to mother care and bought a Cotbed and a separate mattress.
The Mattress we Chose had won all of the safety awards for 2007 (the year DS was born) and
Cost us £160 for the Mattress alone. It has a mattress cover/protector on it etc and was used until DS was 11 months.

Since then it has been stored in my built in wardrobe.

We will obviously be re-using the actual Cotbed but is it safe to Re-use the Mattress?? Just seems a shame to throw out a £160 Mattress??

Of course you can re-use it! if its been kept in a clean environment and you have scrubbed it down why not?

Personally i believe all this nonsense about mattresses is costly, wasteful and needless scare-mongering.

If I brought a cot and matress from someone else , with the exception of my sister, where I don't knokw it's history or can vouch for how it's been kept, then I would buy a new one.

If my own matress and very new still , stored well like you have , I would def reuse Hun

I would re-use it too. We bought a cotbed for Sam second hand and I binned the mattress that came with it and bought a brand new one, but we're using it again for Toby. It's always had a waterproof cover on it too, so it's not as if it's had anythign horrible soaking into it x

if u can steam clean it then do so. my friend has used the same cot n mattress for all 5 kids. she just brought a steamer to clean it each time.

Hi hun, I didn't want to read and run.
I know the rules say to get a new one but I'd just use your one again.
And just Hoover over it&clean it or steam clean it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back