Re-using mattresses for 2nd baby? Anyone done it??

Sunnyb

Reaction score
When we had Joseph we bought a Mamas & Papas sprung mattress & it cost about £160. I have read due to SIDS you should buy a new mattress for each child. We put the mattress in the loft & it's been there 3 years. It's in immaculate condition & has a washable cover. Should I get rid or re-use???
Has anyone else on here re-used mattresses for their additional children?
Really stuck what to do. Holly is rapidly outgrowing her Moses basket, so need to make a decision ASAP.
Thanks.

Sunnyb xxx

I've re used lacey's mattress for charley, I won't use a 2nd hand one from someone I don't know but as it was my daughters anyway I don't mind x.

Me too I've now moved the boys into their own room and they no longer share a cot so one of them has moved into my daughters old cot bed with her mattress.

I use a mattress that was used by my niece and then put in the loft for a couple of years and it's been fine :)

Ive reused my sons for Lo now. No probs

I would reuse Oscars mattress defo. Just get it out of the loft to air it a bit and wash the cover and it'll be fine, can't see a problem xxxx

I think as long as you know where its been it will be fine, ive used the same mattress twice I washed the cover and left it air in our bedroom for a few wks before I put the cover back on xxxx

With each child I've had I've bought a a new mattress :) x

I am going to reuse my neices she didnt use it for long as it was the one in my parents cot so just when she slept over. I would never reuse one that had come from somewhere I didnt know tho they may have been smokers etc. I think you will be fine to reuse it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back