Cot bed mattress problem...

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Ok we have a cot, can be changed into a bed when needed. we don't have a mattress but need to get one as LO will be going in cot soon, growing out of her moses basket.

Problem is the cot has corner posts and these are on the inside of the cot so if you imagine a rectangle 140x 70 (a standard cot bed mattress size) and then the four posts sit on the inside of this rectangle.

So I am thinking if I get that mattress it is going to be squashy by the corner posts. :think:

If I measure the smallest the mattress canbe e.g. the size of the rectangle inside the posts, it is 136x66 cm. But I cannot find any mattresses this size and also there will be gaps on each side.

has anyone else had this problem? Does the mattress just squeeze in at the corners so ensuring no gaps around egde? Cot bed was bought from Tesco and Oh put it together. I am sure he has put it together properly. Thanks. here is link...

http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/ ... 146101.jpg

I'm just about to get one for D's new cotbed too, but all the ones I've looked at so far are to fit 140 x 70 - I thought they were all the same size. I remember when I was looking for a crib matttress there was a seller on ebay that said they could supply any size (can't remember seller's name) - may be worth a try looking there x

Thanks Oh says common sense says to get 140x70 and it will just fit....

common sense.... what's that? since I have been a mummy I am struggling... !!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have become a worrier! :think: :think:

thanks for replying.

places do do custom mattresses, if you google custom crib mattress it should give you some places that will help :) xxx

If you get the smaller mattress there will be big gaps round the edge. I would say get the bigger, standard size mattress and squish the corners.

Im sure the bigger one will be fine, Tescos normally try to be as universal as possible.

Edit the size on there website is Cot: H92xW145xD75cm. so im sure it will be fine :D

Thanks Lou... may order this one, or one from kiddiecare - want one fairly quickly and tescos out of stock at mo so prob go for kiddiecare altho am going to look at IKEA and babies r us too.

Thanks Ladies.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back