Putting Chloe into her own room......

PINK BUTTERFLY

Reaction score
I just can't imagine ever doing it! Think I'd rather put OH in there (not coz he's done anything wrong or anything) or maybe I will have to sleep on her floor! Lol

How did you ladies cope with it, did you have a few sleepless nights then got used to it?? X

Wowsers! You've done well lasting so long! Jules got evicted when she was about 9 weeks old! She was keeping us awake and vice versa! Things improved dramitically when she went in the nursery and it wasn't long after before she was sleeping through!

As long as you've got a decent monitor I'm sure you'll be fine my dear!

Jill x x

Ps just noticed there's only 2 days between our little ladies! X x

With us it got to the point where we disturbed each other.

Boring as it sounds I like reading in bed,but the older H got, the more Aware he got Of us in the room so we decided To move him at six months

The first night was weird but then it got better pretty quickly xx

I dont know....my lo is nearly 7 months and still in my room ����

Wowsers! You've done well lasting so long! Jules got evicted when she was about 9 weeks old! She was keeping us awake and vice versa! Things improved dramitically when she went in the nursery and it wasn't long after before she was sleeping through!

As long as you've got a decent monitor I'm sure you'll be fine my dear!

Jill x x

Lol this made me laugh, I'm lucky (shouldn't temp fate) as wants she is asleep she stays asleep until the morning.....she is like her dad and doesn't like early mornings! Lol

Even when she does wake up in the morning she pulls the bumper up to look at me and does raspberries until I wake up. This morning she pulled the other side up and was looking into the mirrored wardrobes and doing raspberries to herself....did make me giggle! Even when I sat up and looked at her in the mirror she smiled at my reflexion! :)

With us it got to the point where we disturbed each other.

Boring as it sounds I like reading in bed,but the older H got, the more Aware he got Of us in the room so we decided To move him at six months

The first night was weird but then it got better pretty quickly xx

Since she was born she has gone to sleep with noise around her, TV, us chatting so think that might be one if the reasons why we don't disturb her.....maybe?! X

I dont know....my lo is nearly 7 months and still in my room ����

I wodnnt mind put her room is nicer than ours but for the last 6 months its just been a place where we keep her cloths....not her! I'm glad she is small so she still has plenty of room in her crib :) x

I'm all with JBeanie on this one! Evie was thrown in her own room at 9 weeks. Partly cause she outgrew the moses basket and partly because we were all keeping each other awake every night. A fortnight after moving she started to sleep through so think she preferred it as well. We have an angelcare monitor so I felt fine with her being in there. The next one will go in sooner! Although most mornings at 6am she comes in for snuggles and it's a lovely way to start the day...

Drake didn't go into his own room until 12 days ago so he would have been 10 months 1 week old lol.

Our room was very quiet (still is) after he went as from day 1 pretty much we have music playing softly through the night which is now in his room. It's better as we can now turn the landing light on without disturbing him, but other than that it's not made much difference to us.

I miss the little sighs and snores, but I have an Angelcare monitor n mat. I did think it would be harder than it was in the end tho.

We moved Harry at 10 weeks, he made some strange noises in his sleep! I didn't find it hard atall, kept the monitor on the first week or so then stopped using it (still use it when we're awake as baby is asleep upstairs though) x

I won't be moving my lo anytime soon. She doesn't make any noise in her sleep so doesn't disturb us and I like still having her right next to me lol! Anyways I thought the fsid advised babies to be in with you until at least 6 months anyways

We moved Ethan at 7 weeks. He outgrew his Moses basket and he was thrashing out in his sleep, whacking himself on the outside of the basket and waking himself up god knows how many times a night! We couldnt fit the cot in our room though, if i could, i wouldve left him in with us. I was worried for the first couple of nights, but got used to it quickly. Ethan loved having more space, and after a week or so of sleeping in his cot, he was sleeping through the night xx

I moved him out at 7months. I'd have kept him in longer, but the time just felt right. And I knew I needed to. So we done if, and it's been fine. I love peeking in on him and sorting his blankets. Giving him a kiss. Plus we all sleep better xx

:) I'm sure I will be fine when we do it. I think I will set myself a task to do it when she hits 7 months....the thought is horrible! :-/ x

I had one sleepless night, then it was brilliant! :lol:

Aaron is a noisy sleeper, caused by his sleep apnoea, so it was like sleeping next to a farm!

OH installed a CCTV camera above his cot, and I have the angelcare sensor too.

Honestly, best thing we ever did! :oooo:

I had one sleepless night, then it was brilliant! :lol:

Aaron is a noisy sleeper, caused by his sleep apnoea, so it was like sleeping next to a farm!

OH installed a CCTV camera above his cot, and I have the angelcare sensor too.

Honestly, best thing we ever did! :oooo:

Yeah I have the same camera and the angel care matt so I really do need to start thinking about it.....I'm going to aim to have her in there when she goes to 7 months :) I'm sure it will be fine :-/ x

We are only in a one bed (until I go back to work then we'll be moving) so James is still in with us.

He's been sleeping through just fine from about 8-9 weeks, and I find it incredibly reassuring to have him close by. However he'd have probably gone into his own room by now if we had a second bedroom.

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Jackson has been in his room since 9 weeks, he's been sleeping through the night since then too so thought may aswell. He loves his room. He sleeps better and more peacefully himself in his own nursery. It's the best as Jackson's a light sleeper and is noisey and easily disrupted. I was fine but then as soon as I'm asleep I'm asleep lol. W have sensor mat and monitor though, never had any blips xxxx

Last edited:
I hated putting my boy in his own room! We only did it last weekend, so he was 12 weeks. We didn't really have a choice, he was far too big for his basket and we had no room for his cot bed in our room. Thing is though I think it's better for him. He's not woken as much in the night this week and has slept on until 8am most days as he's not getting woken by OH going to work and it's darker in his room too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back