When to put baby in own room...?

Duds

Reaction score
We were very close to putting baby in own room last night but I bottled it, I keep thinking if anything happened I would feel so guilty... she also has reflux so im scared of that also.
She is nearly 9 weeks and I want to start to get her to sleep in there but dont know when the right time is... Iv heard its 6 months !>? Some friends of mine did it after a few weeks but I cant seem to bring myself too.
What are reasons why they should sleep in your room, is it for cot death?

When are you/did you put your baby in their own room ? :?

Brody will be in our room until he sleeps through (hopefully around 5-6 months at the latest.)
It is supposed to be safer while they're in your room, but my main reason is pure laziness! I can't be bothered to be up and about in the middle of the night, I'm breastfeeding so it's too easy at the moment to just pick him up and pop him in our bed for a feed.

the only time when Braydon slept in my room was wen we were in hospital then he went straight into his room

I'm the same Urchin, too lazy, it is so much easier for me to pick Sren up and put her into my bed when she wants feeding. The recomendation is 6 months, I think this is because it is easier for parents to respond to their baby if they are in the same room. Also I think it is the time when the risk of SIDs is at its highest. Personally I will be keeping Seren in our room till 6 months but it is a personal choice. Dont go by what your friends say, go by your instinct. If you feel that you would get a better sleep with baby in their own room then do that but if you are going to be awake half the night worrying perhaps it would be best to leave her in your room.

Aimee went in her own room about 9 weeks and settled straight away. We both get a much better sleep now we're not waking each other up. She actully slept 9 hours last night which is great for her.

We are moving Phoebe into her own room this weekend :?

OH is off for the week so if it all goes horribly wrong I will have some support.

She's been sleeping through in her cot since 6weeks and she is now just over 3mths (14wks) so I think she is ready to take the next step :lol: Not really sure how I feel about it but would like to get my bedroom back :wink:
LOL xxx

Hi

Were gonna start when Kiara is three months old, hopefully i wont be as paranoid by then.
Katrina

Matthew has been in his own room for a couple of weeks now and has been fine, in fact we both sleep better! He has a routine of bath bottle and bed so has settled down fine and generally I only have to get up once to feed him. We also have the angelcare moniter so if he stops breathing the alarm would go off. If i didnt have the moniter I prob would still have him in our room

Ella went into her room at 7 weeks.

I've got a really sensitive monitor though and can still hear her every breath so it seems a bit pointless in a way..... :lol:

Hi

I've done it the other way around. I'm sleeping in Isaac's room and will move back into my own room when I'm ready. Initialy I did this because the cotbed wouldnt fit in our bedroom but now I reckon its alot easier, for Isaac and me, for me to move out of his room rather than him move out of our room. He loves his room and his bed.

I've slept in my bedroom once the other night because I woke up feeling unwell (i'm on antibiotics for an infection in my toe and it made me feel ill) and I felt fine being across the hallway from Isaac. To be honest the only reason I am still sleeping on his floor is because his bedroom with all his toys and little lamp and gorgeous things is so much nicer than my bedroom lol

Lou :)

Hi

Yeah he is sleeping excellent still. His last bottle is at 8pm and he is in bed by 8:45-9pm then he sleeps till 7:30am.

I tried sleeping in my bedrrom last night but the cat kept jumping in isaac's cot so I ended up on his floor again! We need to sort something out with cat. I didnt feel comfortable closing Isaac's bedroom door.

Lou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back