Moving baby into there own room

ZMD

Reaction score
Tegan is now 9 weeks old. id like her to stay in Our room longer yet but its not possible as her cot bed won't fit in there, so once she's out grown her moses basket she will have to be in her own room.

have any body else moved there babies into there own rooms before the recommended 6 months?
how did u go about doing it?
did baby mind?
sorry for all the questions xx

my little lad is 4month and grown out of his basket iv just got a travel coat put it in the bed room cos his coat bed is to big his still not sleeping right though but goes back to sleep after the bottle so not that bad lol

Isla has been in her room for 4 weeks, she sleeps better and so do I. I have the tommee tippee under mattress monitor which is really reassuring.

Emma x

Isla has been in her room for 4 weeks, she sleeps better and so do I. I have the tommee tippee under mattress monitor which is really reassuring.

Emma x

I think we will all sleep better as she moves about allot in her sleep which keeps me awake! have you got a chair or anything in her room to feed her in the night? xx

Lacey went into her own room at 3 months. We kept everything the same with her routine and she was fine. We left the doors open so I could hear her cry but I do think it's easier to move them the younger they are so their not so used to sleeping in your room.
I'd love to put charley in his own room but we only have a 2 bed and won't put him in Laceys room until he's sleeping through!

Cahal outgrew his Moses basket too and has been in his own room for about 8 weeks now. He sleeps much better because he doesn't have to contend with OH snoring any more - wish o could say the same lol!)

I have a rocking chair we sit on to feed in the night and he has a night light although i switch it off once he is asleep. He sleeps just fine and I'm happy as long as I check in on him a few times

Emma x

I think we will all sleep better as she moves about allot in her sleep which keeps me awake! have you got a chair or anything in her room to feed her in the night? xx

Yes I have a sofa in there, I go in don't talk to her, feed and lie her back down and she generally falls straight to sleep. Last night was 11mins from me lifting her out of her cot to back in her cot.

Emma x

11 minutes?!?!?!

Oh that would be my dream! Takes me 2 hours minimum start to finish. Knackered!

Thanks ladies i may move her in there before she outgrows her basket then transfer her to her cot!
11 mins is excellent its usually an hour here sometimes 2 or 3! xx

Getting quicker for us now, we used to be talking hours but is down to around 30 minutes now, defo improved once he was put into his own room

I know!! And she slept for 4 more hours :) she is very efficient at feeding at night. I have an app on my phone that I monitor her sleep and feeding patterns. Helps me see if I'm going in the right direction :)

Emma x

What app is that Hun?

Total baby, my iPhone is jailbroken so I didn't pay for it, lol, but I find it useful. I just got 6 hours out of Isla between feeds, I didn't go to bed when she did but I know she can go that long now.

Other people I know use baby connect, it syncs with other iPhone users (mum, dad and granny could all use it separately but it is the same data on each phone)

Emma x

Well done isla! Tegan went 8.30 till 3am then 3.40 till 7! wish id of gone to bed earlier now xx

Well done isla! Tegan went 8.30 till 3am then 3.40 till 7! wish id of gone to bed earlier now xx

Wow! I'd love that long in bed! Took ten minutes to feed and put back to bed last night. Sleepy baby :)

my little lad is 4month and grown out of his basket iv just got a travel coat put it in the bed room cos his coat bed is to big his still not sleeping right though but goes back to sleep after the bottle so not that bad lol

You've just solved our room problem! Our room isn't quite big enough for a cot and we only have 2 other bedrooms and with one of them being a box room (my 14yr old has the middle room and my 7yr old has the box room that has just been done out..was meant to be for the baby but the youngest has decided he wants his old room back instead of staying in the same room as the older one) Hubby doesnt want to do out the middle room yet but when we do it will be for the baby and my 7yr old.. This is a perfect idea till we move them all around later in a few months! Thanks hun!

we moved josh in to his own room at abuot the same time more so cos i kept waking up every single time he moved and it was horrible - the ususal broken sleep was more broken! so we put him in his moses basket in his cot. then after a while wen he started getting a little on the big side in his moses basket slowly started to put him in to his cot. To be honest in his moses basket he was fine we had no worries whatsoever. However putting him in his cot, he struggled a little as there was so much space. he would end up at the other eng of the bed with head touching and the bars which would make him wake up and cry but tbh it was hrader for us taking the steps putting him in there then it was for him to adapt to it!! Hes only been in his actual cot since being about 11 week (hes 13 now)....so hes still adapting but hes doing well!!! hope it goes well!!
xx

Wow! I'd love that long in bed! Took ten minutes to feed and put back to bed last night. Sleepy baby :)

10 mins, wow! Are you breast or bottle feeding and does that inc winding? sorry we are all in awe haha! Aiden takes his bottle in 10 mins but its the winding and I usually do a nappy change? do i not need this change?

Also while we are on the subject can I just ask what you lot think? Aiden has a feed at 8pm ish but only sleeps on and off, he is down stairs in his moses basket. We go to bed 11ish taking him up with us. We wake him or he wakes himself at 11ish and we feed him, he then sleeps until half 6 7ish, which im so happy with. But have I got it all wrong? Should he be going down properly at 7 or 8 pm? Its just id prefer him to sleep through the 'actual night' so we can sleep, if that makes sense? I know he will need to go down earlier as he gets older? but what do you think? thanks x

That sounds perfect to me!!!

Blake is usually wide awake from 7pm - midnight (little bugger) and then feeds, sleeps til 3:30am feeds, changes, feeds and i have to wait until he's in a deep sleep on my chest to put him down in his basket. He eventually goes down about 5-5:30am then wakes about 7:30-8:30.

For the last two weeks I've not been helping things because I'll do the feed at 7:30 and for some reason he settles quicker at this time and we'll all sleep in until 10:30-11. So his day and night is all back to front!

I've only recently started putting Tegan down at 8.30 - 9:30pm because if not she's a right grumpy bum! last night she slept from 9pm till 8am this morning! i had to get up and express some milk as my Boobs were leaking everywhere! OH is going to move all his Crap out of Tegans room tomorrow and we are going to try putting her in there friday night xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back