Moving baby into there own room

Well done isla! Tegan went 8.30 till 3am then 3.40 till 7! wish id of gone to bed earlier now xx

Wow! I'd love that long in bed! Took ten minutes to feed and put back to bed last night. Sleepy baby :)

10 mins, wow! Are you breast or bottle feeding and does that inc winding? sorry we are all in awe haha! Aiden takes his bottle in 10 mins but its the winding and I usually do a nappy change? do i not need this change?

Also while we are on the subject can I just ask what you lot think? Aiden has a feed at 8pm ish but only sleeps on and off, he is down stairs in his moses basket. We go to bed 11ish taking him up with us. We wake him or he wakes himself at 11ish and we feed him, he then sleeps until half 6 7ish, which im so happy with. But have I got it all wrong? Should he be going down properly at 7 or 8 pm? Its just id prefer him to sleep through the 'actual night' so we can sleep, if that makes sense? I know he will need to go down earlier as he gets older? but what do you think? thanks x

Lol no winding as she is still sleepy at this point, if she starts screaming she stays awake longer, if she's just mumbling I can get away with a quick feed.

Isla is in bed between 11 and 1 depending on when we got up that morning x

Well done isla! Tegan went 8.30 till 3am then 3.40 till 7! wish id of gone to bed earlier now xx

Wow! I'd love that long in bed! Took ten minutes to feed and put back to bed last night. Sleepy baby :)

10 mins, wow! Are you breast or bottle feeding and does that inc winding? sorry we are all in awe haha! Aiden takes his bottle in 10 mins but its the winding and I usually do a nappy change? do i not need this change?

Also while we are on the subject can I just ask what you lot think? Aiden has a feed at 8pm ish but only sleeps on and off, he is down stairs in his moses basket. We go to bed 11ish taking him up with us. We wake him or he wakes himself at 11ish and we feed him, he then sleeps until half 6 7ish, which im so happy with. But have I got it all wrong? Should he be going down properly at 7 or 8 pm? Its just id prefer him to sleep through the 'actual night' so we can sleep, if that makes sense? I know he will need to go down earlier as he gets older? but what do you think? thanks x

We used to do that wth morgan at your LOs age. he started staying awake more in the day and falling asleep downstairs at 9pm so we started a bedtime routine at 8.30 and he went upstairs so we have some peace downstairs int he evenings. It gradually got earlier as we followed his signals and now hes always alseep by 7.30. Dont worry about what others are doing, if youre getting a full nights sleep then dont change a thing!! :yay:

P.S. to answer the original question Im a sleepwalker so baby went into his own room when we got home from hospital cos it was safer. I have a chair in there and after he goes down for the night I used to go in and feed him with just the hall from the light on and not speak to him in that time and I used to be back in bad after 15 mins too. He used to not open his eyes or anything. We use a movement monitor, very reassuring!

Aw thanks ladies, BIG help! I didnt think about that, but youre right as he stays awake more in the day he will sleep earlier at night. So I think I will juat take his lead and try and bring the late feed earlier bit by bit! x

Just moved cotbed into our room as Millie's arms were sticking through sides of crib :lol:! Don't feel ready to put her in her own room yet, we're lucky we have room for cotbed though. Hoping she might start sleeping through soon too, as she has been sleeping 5-7 hours waking for feed then going back down for 2-3 hours! Has also gone down on her own since new year too!! :) sooo good to be getting more sleep and not having to have daytime naps too!! Sorry for long one, just so happy! :cloud9: x x

My little six week old is officially in his own room now. We noticed from very early on that he seemed to like his own room and when unsettled we'd take him in there and he would cheer up. For the last two nights he's slept in his big cot but not only that, he's self settled no probs too. Fingers crossed this continues and isn't a fluke.

I felt sad putting him in his own room as he's not near me but I think it's for the best as he is sleeping more in his own room for sure. I've got a video monitor which is next to my bed so I can at least see and hear him clearly.

Long may the more sleep in the big cot continue!

Im getting a nursing chair tomorrow then 2mora night Tegan will be going in her own room as OH was bloody noisy at 4.30am when he got up for work and woke her up, she didn't go back to sleep till 6.30am and that was only an hour im shattered so hoping she will get more peace in her own room! x

My little six week old is officially in his own room now. We noticed from very early on that he seemed to like his own room and when unsettled we'd take him in there and he would cheer up. For the last two nights he's slept in his big cot but not only that, he's self settled no probs too. Fingers crossed this continues and isn't a fluke.

I felt sad putting him in his own room as he's not near me but I think it's for the best as he is sleeping more in his own room for sure. I've got a video monitor which is next to my bed so I can at least see and hear him clearly.

Long may the more sleep in the big cot continue!

Didn't see your post to start with, im glade blake is sleeping better in his own room Hun means more sleep for you! xx

Yeah it does and so far so good it's working out OK. Which nursing chair have you gone for? X

I went for the baby weaver recline and glider from Kidicare its just been delivered x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back