Putting baby down awake

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Charley refuses to go in his cot or bouncer awake. I've got to cuddle him until he falls asleep for about 10-15mins before putting him down then praying he doesn't wake up again! If I put him down awake he moans or cries which wakes him up more so he won't sleep!
I know I should be putting him down awake so it's easier in the future, should I just put up with him crying when put down and hope he gets used to it? Does everyone else's babies go straight down or are they clingy too?!

Ethan didn't go down awake till he was at least 3months old. I think they love the comfort of there mummys. xxx

I don't put Seb down awake. In fact I'm terrible at putting him down at all! He loves cuddles and so do I! I'm getting better at putting him down when he's in deep sleep but we cuddle for ages first! Especially with him on my shoulder or torso on his tummy-his fave position and mine!

Hey hon, Harison was the same from day 1 and it's still something we struggle with now he's 2. He stays asleep once he's off but likes one of us there while he goes off...I've tried everything and think some kids are just more keen on being settled than others. I'm still hoping and praying he grows out of it!! x x x

I don't put Seb down awake. In fact I'm terrible at putting him down at all! He loves cuddles and so do I! I'm getting better at putting him down when he's in deep sleep but we cuddle for ages first! Especially with him on my shoulder or torso on his tummy-his gave position and mine!

me and Isla are the same :) i have a feeling i'm going to spend my maternity leave hugging and staring at her!!

Zach was about 8weeks before I could put him down awake without him screaming! Now he will play on his own for ages, I now get to eat and get dressed, yay! He doesnt go to sleep on his own though. I'm sure charley will be better soon, he still only really young xxx

I still cuddle paige to sleep. Im probably making life hard for myself when she's older, but right now, I love watching her fall asleep and then watch her smile and be all comfy. I do however put her down and pray she doesnt wake up lol. I like watching her sleep, but when I want to go bed and she keeps waking up, theres only so many times Ill want to watch her go sleep.

It's 50/50 for us I try to put her down awake as much as possible then spend all bf'ng time cuddling and evenings lol x sometimes she let's me other times she doesn't but they have jut been cuddled for 9 months in the womb so it's understandable :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!! I don't mind the cuddles then him falling asleep on me but I hate waiting for him to fall asleep during the night after a feed!! I used to put lace down awake but she used to cry but I was strict with her, I feel guilty letting charley cry though!

Drake normally falls asleep having his bottle but he don't really like being fussed, I put him in carry cot earlier half asleep and started rocking it back and forth but he was stirring so thought I'd leave him there while I tidied up a bit and he fell asleep on his own. He'll only do it if he's knackered though! He's getting to the stage where he's awake more often so I got to try and read when he's had enough and wants a nap!

Chloé fell asleep 2 x yesterday on her own from wide awake no winging so proud if her :cloud9:

i wait til Noa is almost sleeping until i put hi down, but he just gone in hi bouncer for the first time he just sit there happy now watching the repeat of xfactor bless him :cloud9:

Awe! Chloe likes karrang and micky mouse club house lol!!

Seb hasn't seen any tv yet. He loves all kinds of music though! I still don't put him down awake! I just can't!

Charley won't watch the telly! I'll put him in front of it but he won't watch it!

Charley won't watch the telly! I'll put him in front of it but he won't watch it!

Lol! That's a good thing tho really I am naughty putting her by the tv lol! But she likes it so I'm like awe!

We made the mistake of letting Lacey watch telly from a young age, now she watches it all the time and we've got to fight over the telly!!

We made the mistake of letting Lacey watch telly from a young age, now she watches it all the time and we've got to fight over the telly!!

Both my kids do that so I turn it off and do painting/colouring or baking with them instead x

herbie go's awake but I think he has just got use to it from day one as after he has had his bottle or nappie change etc I always have something else to do get one of the other two a drink, put the washing out etc so I have just put him straight down awake and gone back and he is fast asleep. It was alot easier with night feeds too as soon as he was done light was off and he went back in his basket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back