why wont he sleep!!!

cassi

Reaction score
Jakob has always been a pain to get to sleep..when he is gone he is gone till 7-8 am but it takes ages to get him off...we have to hold him to go to sleep every night cause if you just put him down he will NOT go to sleep...he just lies wide awake before screaming..and when he has fallen asleep you still have to hold him for an hour or more or he will wake up!!! even if you can pick up his arm and its limp he still wakes up untill you put him down in a really really deep sleep...

we have tried putting him down twice tonight..we have been holding him for the past 2.5 hours and i have just given up now and put him in his crib and he is wide awake and oh right on cue about to start crying!!!

please help!

Could it be colic?

Finlay had a similar thing about 4 - 10weeks old where it hurt him to lie flat and he too would wake up when we put him into his bed.

Hes still difficult now a lot of the time so i sympathise with you, sweet. :hug:

izzyx

still awake :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

no he had colic its not the same

How much does he sleep during the day? Does he have a wind-down routine in the evening, like calm (no tv on, dim lights etc)? Or could he still be hungry?

Nope he is fed, nappy changed, always had a wind down he lies with us been rocked ...

still awake :wall:

well its 00:34am and i have just managed to put him down, now its just a question of will he stay asleep?

I really hope so...

how was he cas? have u tried giving him a warm bath then baby massage then dress him and feed him? thats how we get alfie off hun

fingerscrossed said:
how was he cas? have u tried giving him a warm bath then baby massage then dress him and feed him? thats how we get alfie off hun

thats what i do hun, every night he has a warm bath with bedtime baby bath, dressed and a story while he has his bottle..

he used to fall asleep during the story n go down till morning but not anymore :(

same as me then hun ... umm when we first started doing it Alfie would cry but we just left him and kept going and waiting outside his door so we could see he was ok, after about half hour he went off, would Jakob do that or does he cry for hours? it got to the point he knows he could cry but he wont get anywhere little boys are so cuddly love their cuddles

he just cries and cries or he just liesthere wide awake :shock:

oh huni bet your pulling your hair out, i dont know what else i can suggest except for if he is tired hun he'll go of at some point its just how much you can bare i couldnt let Alfie go muych longer its heartbreaking hearing them cry, when did he start being like this has he started teething yet boys especially seem to be very clingy if they are.

Cassi we have exactly the same problem with Leorah and decided not to fight it because it ruined every evening and I'd be dreading the night every day! Now she stays in the living room with us. We still get on with our evening but keep things calm. Literally in the last week she has been napping really well throughout the evening,(on one of us :roll: ) and then feeding in between. We can usually put her down for the night by 10/11pm but when DH works late and doesn't get in until 10.30pm she will be up later like 12.30 last night :wall:

In our case she cluster feeds all evening and I think if she went to bed at 7pm for example she would wake hungry in the night so I prefer she stays up and then sleeps through. My DH starts a new job in Feb and will be home very evening so I am hoping her bedtime will naturally come forward abit with the consistency and also because she is getting more mature.

Do you think Jakob could be having a growth spurt? Leorah had almost a week of very late nights and waking as soon as we put her down and we realised it was her 3 month growth spurt, thinhgs have got much better again but at the time I was pulling my hair out at her sudden change in behaviour.

I hope he starts to settle soon so you can have a good night sleep :)

cassi Ellis is the same.

He will not go to sleep on his own. he willcry and cry so there is no point in leaving him.

I dont know if you have seen one of my post but at the min i am trying to get him off to sleep on me and the minute his eyes close i start to sway and count in my head. 3 days ago i counted to 100, the 80, then 70 and tomorrow i am hoping to 60.

My plan is to get lower and lower till i can put him down awake.

It worked for a girl in my baby bounce class.

hope this helps (for me and you haha)

xxxx

skatty, this sounds like Louie the way you keep leorah up in the evenings with you & she goes to bed later, but sleeps through.
last few nights with Louie though hes still been awake at 11.30 pm!!!

i worry about getting him to bed when hes older, coz josh used to stay downstairs until the age of 3 till he fell assleep!!!

like you say if we were to put Louie to bed even at 7pm he would be awake by 9pm!!!

yes jakob is like leorah and ellis we have been holding him since 9pmnow trying toget himof he fell asleep then woke up..i dont know what to do....

thanks very much fothat site hypnorm im on there now :)

Cassi, how has he been? This is so frustrating and I really feel for you.

Gabriella started doing this a week ago; she would feed off me and drop off to sleep and then I would put her in her cot and as soon as she touched the mattress she would wake up screaming; this went on for 3 hours for almost a week and I was pulling my hair out.

She is suffering with eczema and I put it down to that (her being uncomfortbale). DH wanted to bring her down with us (So we could at least have an evening) but I really didn't want to break her routine.
Well last night it seemed to pay off; I put her down but she was sleepy rather than asleep and I gently said "Good Night", she wriggled about and had a little moan and a groan and I just stayed with her and put my hand on her chest and gently "sssshhhh" it took about 5 minutes but she went off and didn't wake up for 8 hours!!!!!! This was a record for her; she hasn't slept past 6 and a half hours yet!

Tonight I put her down at 8.55pm and she moaned and groaned again and again I stayed with her and "Ssshhhhh" and she went off but woke up 10 minutes later and I went up and tried the gentle patting and "ssshhhing" again and so far so good :pray:

Every baby is different and every parent does things different but I think it's just a case of finding what works for your baby. Gosh I am waffling, sorry!

Has Jakob been unwell recently? It could be like Skatty says, his 3 month growth spurt!

Good luck hun, sending sleep vibes for Jakob :sleep: :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back