what shall i do? bed time.

Keely

Reaction score
Ellis has decided on a routine kind of....

he starts getting tired at 4pm... so i bath him before he gets too grumpy then his last bottle is about 5-5.30 and he falls asleep on me... i put him to bed then...

about 30mins later he wakes still hungry so he has rest of the bottle and falls asleep on me again but when i put him down he is wide awake but still tired and he moans till i pick him up or rock moses basket for 30mins!!!!

then he will sleep right through till i wake him for dream feed.

but because he is going to bed so early he is up and bright as a button at 5am!!!!

how can i make his sleep later?? :bored:

xxxxx

What about wakening him earlier for his dream feed and perhaps even bathing him then?? So that he has been right wakened then he might go back down and sleep a bit later than 5. Just a though, I am strugglin with the sleep pattern as well so this is by no means tried and tested.

cant you just let him nap at 4pm? then after about a hr wake him feed him then bath him? harley always has a nap about 4/5pm then after a hr he has his dinner about 6pm then bath then bed

He is napping now but only cos i have taken him out in buggy.... normally if he goes off himself but 4 he will not wake up till 11ish!!

do you think i should wake him after an hour or so... can you wake babies from naps??

xxxx

If I want to wake Ellie - I change her nappie. However I tend to change Ellie before a feed so now if I change her she will then insist she is hungry even if it has only been 1.5hrs since the start of her previous feed :?

Brody usually has a nap at around 4, that way I know he'll be tired again for a bath at 8, he's usually put down AWAKE in his cot before 8.30.

Keely, I would really try to put him down awake, as when he stirs later he'll expect to be in the same place he fell asleep, ie if he went to sleep on you he'll want to be there when he stirs, if he's not he'll wake up even more. If he expects to be in his cot when he stirs, he stands more chance of drifting back off before he wakes up too much.

I'm not talking about letting him cry himself to sleep, maybe stay with him and stroke his tummy or something for now, and then slowly start leaving him alone to go to sleep later.

urchin said:
Keely, I would really try to put him down awake, as when he stirs later he'll expect to be in the same place he fell asleep, ie if he went to sleep on you he'll want to be there when he stirs, if he's not he'll wake up even more. If he expects to be in his cot when he stirs, he stands more chance of drifting back off before he wakes up too much.

I'm not talking about letting him cry himself to sleep, maybe stay with him and stroke his tummy or something for now, and then slowly start leaving him alone to go to sleep later.

I REALLY REALLY want to but i have tried it and he just lays there with his eyes open for about 30mins then will (not scream but) moany cry for about 45mins till i pick him up... he will not take his dummy when he is laying down, he will not let me stroke him, he has a little paddy chucking his arms about... the only way he will go off on his own is if i rock the moses basket for 20-30mins and thats just as bad!!

Tonight i kept him up till 6.45 he was sooo tired, i let him fall half asleep in my arms then i put him down, and he STAYED!!!!! :shock: normally his eyes pop open like they are on springs!! haha

I am going to try and letting him rest in my arms and then putting him down earlier and earlier until he is being put down awake but it is soooo hard, you just wanna give in and pick him up cos you know its quicker and you get to have some dinner :lol:

thanks for your help girlies xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back