problems with mummmy dear mummy

nicky1980

Reaction score
im having real problems with my mum at the min and i need some advice me and my mum have never really had a great friendship so its no suprise how shes acting but i cant cope with this at min i was 15 when i had my 1st son and she tried to take over with him so i moved out but hes always been her little boy hes now 16 and gone to stay eith his dad as he didnt like our rules so of course its all my fault according to my mum and she gone to my son and asked him to go live with her i really dont want this to happen as he wont have to do owt for himself and isnt gonna learn to stand on his own 2 feet my litle sis is still at home with mum shes 23 and does nohing i dont want my son growing up like that i ried to talk to her and she said she dosnt want my son growing up with his dads attitude but hes already got it thats why he didnt want to stay with me as he thinks im too strict so my mum has gone behind my back and i dont know what to do please someong help me i reaaly feel like running away right now and the best thing is all my family are taking my mums side and havent heard from anyond since am i in the wrong that bad

:hug: i really feel for you.

I had really bad pnd after i had my daughter ( i was 18 ) and as i was staying with my mum she ended up taking over and after a while i was asked to move out. she knew full well that i would not be able to take my daughter with me and she ended up living with them for the first 4 years of her life.
It was only when i fell pregnant with my son and was in a relationship that i demanded her back.
She is never given punishment by my mum for when she does wrong and the result is that i have a really huffy child who thinks she can take screaming fits at anyone who does try to discipline her or say no to her. Her attitude is worse than mine ever was.. even when i was a teenager.
And the guilt i feel doesn't go away.. it's there every day but i just have to try and pick myself up and say.. i can't change the past.

Maybe you could try and sit down with your son and talk about how you could live in peace together... i know that's alot easier said than done with a 16 year old. I'm sorry i don't really have any more advice for you regarding your son.

I would say to my mum... i am the parent and even though you think you are doing what is best for him you are really not helping the situation and it would be appreciated if you could show some support to me.

I don't really have anymore useful advice for you... didn't want to read and run

thank you so much im sure i will sort it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back