Don't want step family involved with our baby.

Yellowskies

Reaction score
So when our son decides do come into the world (5days late already) my partner doesn't want her step family to be involved with him. This is because she's constantly bullied her n taken cheap snipes at her from day 1. Her dads always taken sides with his new wife who's been on the scene for about 10 years! My partners mother does 2 years ago due to I'll health and my mum died 18 months ago. But my partner detests her step family, I'm not 1 to judge but I agree with her that she's bin vile to my partner since I've known her. They are all jobless with numerous kids... I'll say no more you get the picture. I would never stop my partners dad from swing out first born but dont want the step family involved. They have never asked how my partner has during the pregnancy and my partner has been the one making all the contact up until a few weeks ago because she's fed up doing all the running.

Any advice is appreciated.

If she feels that strongly about them and they have been that horrible to her, I can understand why she wouldnt want anything more to do with them.

Obviously trying to build bridges and repair relationships would be the ideal situation, but sometimes thats not always possible and with a new baby around, is your main priority is the little one - everything/everyone else can wait.

My only advice to you is to support her in her decision and just be there to back her up if it does get tough. You are your own new family now, no body else or their opinion matters anymore.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I would completely agree with the above. I think respect her decision. IF her dad shows an interest in the baby, maybe your could discuss laying down ground rules, he can come and see her alone, without the step family or nothing. Leave the decision in his court. Talk her through her decisions when she's rational and not exhausted, but always always support her, she is your priority along with the little one and her dad and made his bed in some respects. Good luck to you both

I can totally relate with her.
Like your partner I do NOT want my parents to have anything to do with my baby.

They've bullied me, not only mentally but physically all thru my life, dote on my chavy brother and put me down at every thing I try to do.
Never let me study what I wanted or go to collage etc yet paid for numours driving lessons for my brother who has never had a job for more than a week!

Anyway the best thing you can do is support her in her wishes and hope eventually she'll calm down enought to at least send photos to them regually if they want them.

*hugs* to you both.

She is probably very stressed at the moment and I can totally understand her not wanting the additional stress of her step family especially ones who aren't very nice to her. I think tell her Dad when LO is born if your partner is happy with this idea then see what his response is. If he says they'll all come up and see LO I'd say no just him for now and then you can decide what to do after that. Good luck to your partner (and you ;) ) over the next few days too :) x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back