sick of being the failure

ashtonsmum

Reaction score
i am so sick of being put down i dont see my dad and my mum doesnt feel like a mum to me my whole life shes never there and doesnt wana bother with me, i kept giving into her before my son was born but now hes involved i dont want him to be hurt, she only lives down the road and still never bothers to see him so when she does see him he wont go near her as he doesnt know her then i get the blame.

anytime she sees or talks to me she always digs me with a horrible comment about my lifestyle or appearance or how i have raised my son. never says anything good, my sister doesnt talk to her but she does nothing but praise her and compliment her.

im sorry but my son is only 13 months he is walking completly on his own, sleeps all night from 6pm, is off his bottles and formula and onto cows milk, he eats anything you give him and chooses fruit and veg over anything else i think ive done pretty damn well for a first time mum without any support from any of them and yes hes a mummys boy but im the only person he sees all day every day (apart from my husband after work) so of course he will prefer me to people he never sees.

today i met her as she hadnt seen my son in 2 months and i spent the whole time being told by her and her mum that i was to blame for her not seeing my son and him not wanting her when she lives down the road its easier for her to travel on her own to see me than for me to travel all way with my son and being pregnant, plus im sick of being the one who makes effort not her she should want to see him and do all she can to try.
i dont ban her from seeing him she just chooses shopping and lunches over him, then the rest time i spent fighting as she kept trying to lift him and take him opposite way from me so he couldnt see me whilst he is screaming his head off as he wants me not her.

ok i may get upset when someone takes my son off me but thats only cos 1. he cries for me so i want him back and 2 since he was born every day has been me and him she never made the effort so im used to my time with him now and dont want to feel miserable when im out with her just cos she takes him away.

sorry about the rant just upset.

Your doing everything perfectly Hun. Ignore your mum, she's the one who's gonna miss out in the long run! Next time she makes a dig at never seeing your son say it does take two to make an effort! Chin up Hun x x

yeah dont worry bout her... AJ sounds like model baby!! :D btw i LOVEE the name ashton :D xx

I thin the reason your mum is saying these things is because she feels guilty. Seeing that your doing a better job than she did must really get to her. And as you say she could get off her backside and make the effort. I don' think you have anything to worry about hun sounds like your doing a fantastic job and any child would be proud to call you mum :)

Sorry for gatecrashing from T1 but this touched a nerve :)

From what you've just described, you're no failure! Sounds like you're doing a grand job. It must be really difficult not having her support, especially with her so close but you can't force her to make an effort. That needs to come from her. I hope she wakes up and realises what she's missing very soon x

I'm sorry you have to go through all that. Just tell her to go somewhere. You seem to be doing great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back