Previous Pre Eclampsia

Simoneh00

Reaction score
So I had pre-eclamsia in my first pregnancy. It was pretty severe and came on suddenly. Not a hint in my second pregnancy.

Just been to the midwife and she's found a trace of protein in my urine and my bp is 150/80 (usually 120/70 or 120/80).

Now I don't want to be a worry wart but this is how it started the first time. Slight elevations and protein then bam I was in hospital and my baby was rushed out via csection.

What should I do ladies? I don't wanna be a pain but coupled with the fact Ive been seeing flashing lights and small headaches, I'm freaking out a wee bit!

tapatalking!!!

It can still happen although if this baby has the same father, chances are reduced i believe.
If you have any vision disturbance, headache etc i wouldnt hesitate calling maternity ward. Its better to be safe

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

All babies have the same daddy. However first is a girl and this is a girl and girls are trouble lol.
I just don't wanna over react when I only saw the midwife an hour and a bit ago Xx

tapatalking!!!

Its not overreacting at all, pre eclampsia is a severe condition that can develop quickly. Give your mw a call and she will advise. Hope its not it

I also think its the diastolic/second reading that is indication more than the first one. But 150 is quite a lot. Did you rest before taking bp?

Yeah I always thought it was the bottom number that was the worst to rise. The m/w took it today and id been in the waiting room just sitting before that for about 10 mins x

tapatalking!!!

how are you hun? were you able to speak to someone about your worries?

Hope things are going okay. I know my mum had pre-eclampsia with her first, was fine with her second (me), then had high bp with her 3rd. The doctors were concerned and put her in hospital for a few days to keep an eye on her. It turned out it was just high blood pressure.

I've had pe in all of my pregnancies accept 1. They were all girls and the pregnancy I didn't have pe in was the boy! All of my babies have the same father too. Apparently I'm pretty rare lol.

Diastolic of 80 is not that high. Anything over 90 is considered high and more than a trace of protein. A trace of protein can be for a number of reasons, including not drinking enough and perhaps not having had much to eat that morning. It can also be a sign of a urine infection, so the midwife may ask if you have had any symptoms of a urine infection.

If you have any sever headaches, flashing lights, blurred vision, swelling in your hands, face or feet or epigastric pain, get your BP checked straight away. The hospital or midwife would much rather you get checked than worry about it xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back