Pre-eclampsia question!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
Is it possible to have pre-eclampsia without the high blood pressure?

I've been getting all the other symptoms of it except my blood pressure has been 'normal' throughout the pregnancy. Around the 110/80 mark. However before the pregnancy my blood pressure was always on the low side, now it is normal.

Symptoms I've been getting are:

-swelling of hands and feet along with a lot of pain in them both
-headaches that aren't like the cluster migraines I get
-flashing spots
-sickness
-very sore bump

I've been reluctant to mention this to my midwife or doctor as I don't want them to think I am telling them I have it. I am going to mention it today though as it is starting to worry me.

Hi hun,

These are the symptoms:

* severe headaches,
* vision problems, such as blurring, or seeing flashing lights before your
eyes,
* pain in your upper abdomen,
* vomiting, or
* sudden swelling of your feet, ankles, face and hands, and excessive weight
because of fluid retention.

Hope it helps.

I would definitely mention it to your midwife :hug:

Hope you appointment goes ok :hug:

i had pre-eclampsia with my first daughter.(15 years ago so not sure if things have changed)
the only symptoms i had were extremly painfull headaches and high blood presure, i didnt have swollen feet or anything else.
i was admitted to hospital for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy and was induced at 40+3.
i was also kept in for 4 weeks after because my blood pressure didnt return to normal and i was at high risk of stroke.
Definately mention it to your midwife.........hope this helped

It's worth a mention, if it is pre-eclampsia you need to have it identified, and if not at least you're mind will be put at rest.

Midwifes do take it seriously, at my last appointment i mentioned my feet were swollen and she started asking loads of questions, even though she'd just done my BP and it was similar to yours.

It probably is just the usual pregnancy niggles, but as pre-eclampsia can be life threatening for mum and baby you dont wanna risk it.

:hug:

i thought pre-eclamsia was mainly about your bp but always best to ask your midwife to check everything is ok, coz it might be symptoms for something else as well :hug:

def mention it to midwife, if it isn't pre eclampsea then it could be something else that they can help you with. Also protein in the irine is another sign (i think).

Sandi

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069028/

I found this website that explains things quite well. Basically high bp and protein in urine are the main symptoms and can also be accompanyed by headaches, visual disturbances, oedema.

Tell your midwife about the headaches so she can document it and keep an eye on you.

DEFO SPEAK TO YOUR MIDWIFE. i Had pre eclampsia. I had headaches EVERY day,waking with them. Protein in the urine, swelling and high blood pressure.

It can be any combination two or more of what people have listed.

Your midwife wont think your being daft but will probably giv you a stern talking to for not raising it sooner.

PLEASE seek help asap. And keep us updated.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I brought the swelling and headache problems up a couple of times now, but my blood pressure has been fine throughout and no protein in wee so the docs said just keep them updated if it persists or get worse.

I would definately bring it up, and give as much detail as possible. (I've been taking notes to MW as I've been getting severe baby brains!). x

Hey hun,

Did you bring this up with your MW/Dr?! xx

HideiLu said:
Hey hun,

Did you bring this up with your MW/Dr?! xx

I spoke to my midwife about it who took bloods and wrote in my notes about my symptoms. I phoned the doctors yesterday for my results and everything has come up clear. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back