Pre-eclampsia...??

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had/or has pre-eclampsia? I am having to have some tests as they've found protein in my urine, my blood pressure has gone up, I get lots of headaches and somethings come up in my blood tests. No-one has told me what may happen if it is pre-eclampsia but I'm starting to worry !

Any info or advice would be great.... x

Hey I had pre e but Kate on in pregnancy. They will keep a close eye on you and run lots of tests regularly.
They induced me at 37w as saw no reason to hold off as he was full term.

Not sure for ur stage tho hun x sorry. Phone ur mw and speak to her about it.shell be able to tell u more related to ur stage x

sent from my HTC with a mind of its own!

When they induced you did you have a normal labour? I thought you were given a c-section if you have Pre. Yeah I've heard it can be more common in the later stages, if I do have it I hope they can keep it steady til later on. fingers crossed, thanks for replying x

It all depebds how things go. I had him natural with a perssery but needed a vontous (so?) As he started to panic.

If u search Dylan Jamie then my birth story should come up x

sent from my HTC with a mind of its own!

sorry I dont know what stage your at, and as this is my first pregnancy too I cant give you personal experience but my dr did tell me that if you get pre eclampsia very before they consider the pregnancy viable (24 weeks) basically their concern is more about you and the potentical dangers to you rather than the baby at this point your health comes first from their perspective and not the babies - it sounds harsh, but hopefully by keeping you healthy

I hope all is ok for you both xxxx

thanks, I'm 24+2! So now baby is viable hopefully anything that has to happen will be ok.

Pregnancy can be a very worrying time!!

I had pre-eclampsia with my first. It was past 30 weeks though i cannot remember exactly. They had me on bed rest in hospital then sent me home and i went back to work for 2 weeks ish then maternity leave then hospital again was in for a week and they were going to induce me and i went into labour and had her naturally. You can start getting a lot of fluid retention as well so if you notice your weight shooting up or you feel really puffy let the midwife/doctor know. I was put on blood pressure tablets to control blood pressure. As soon as baby was born i think my blood pressure was normal by week2.

Hi

I have no actual experience, my cousin suffered pre-eclampsia back in the summer. She swelled up ridiculously and her LO had to be born by emergency section at 24 weeks gestation. He is now at home with mum and dad and a very healthy happy little boy.

It's good that they are keeping an eye on you. My cousin knew none of the signs and just accepted what was happening to her was normal and didn't even speak to her midwife or anything, her mum came home from holiday and just rushed her to hospital at one look of her :shock:

Also, with my first pregnancy I had protein in my wee at every single check and I had to then have a blood test each time but I was always clear.

xxxxx

Forgot to say also, my blood pressure was always sky high when pregnant with my first. They sometimes took it 3 times to check lol

I've only seen midwife once so far and this time it was normal, but not sure if it has shot up yet, will be seeing her in the new year.

I have been getting alot of headaches with this pregnancy though and feeling really stressed all the time :wall2:

Thanks for all your replies, I'm still being checked I'm back in hospital again tomorrow for more blood tests (I'm surprised I have any blood left). I'm just hoping if I do have it, it is mild and holds about until I'm further along. It's a very worrying time!

Thanks again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back