Present for OH when baby is born

newbie1984

Reaction score
I want to buy my boyfriend something nice and memorable to give him when the baby is born, it doesn't need to be expensive but just a nice token for him being there for me. You'd think a baby would be a nice present but I want to give him something.... I'm stumped for ideas! He is a watch man but he has a really nice one and unless I'm buying a breitling or something I dont think that will work lol any ideas of what I can get? Xxxx

If he likes other jewellery I know you can get men dog tag neckless with photos on or you can get some words written on them argos do them. that might be a nice gift if he likes stuff like that :)

Hmmm no other than his watch he doesn't wear anything else. Nice idea though x

I bought my dh a shirt that had "Daddy est. 2012" on it. I surprised him with it shortly after our lo was born. It was cheap and memorable too :)

I got a t-shirt made for my husband with 'I'm the daddy!' Printed on it.
I also got a little 0-3 vest that says 'I love my daddy'.
Although they aren't for when LO is born, I used them to tell him I was pregnant lol, but something like that could work x

If you fancy getting crafty you could make him a scrap book of your relationship and then add in pics of you together from your pregnancy, maybe things from your last holiday together as a 2some etc and then finish it with a photo of your hubby and the little one? :)
I I'm ever stuck for ideas I do something like that, or buy a really nice frame and put a meaningful pic in it.

There's a stall in the market I saw at the weekend , where they turn a clay mould of baby's foot or hand into a metal key ring or or tag ,I was trying to look without OH seeing me as I think I'll be getting one for him . I'll go back this weekend without him and get the prices . I think they're a really cool idea . xx

What are his hobbies? Maybe something geared arouthat's? It's a lovely idea to get your oh something but so far the only thing I have seen is a quicksilver baby grow saying "my daddys a pro surfer" which he'll love but it's not for him....unless we frame it along with a picture of him surfing at a later date.

Mmm!x

Fab idea! Now what to get lol...

It's my OH's Bithday 9 days after we're due!

He isn't getting a baby present too :shock:

But it's a nice idea, I hope you find something he will love.

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hope you think of something :) I hadn't thought of getting OH a present... I'm not as nice as you, baby will be enough I think lol x

What a good idea......I prob would like to get hubby something sure he would be happy with a crate of beer tho lol xx

Are you kidding?? I think being given a baby without having to do any of the hard work is a gift in itself LOL :lol: I think it's us ladies that should be getting a baby present! In fact i'll be having words with my OH :lol:
You are obviously a lot nicer than me though! x

Last edited:
Hope you think of something :) I hadn't thought of getting OH a present... I'm not as nice as you, baby will be enough I think lol x

Same here hun!

As I say it's OH's Birthday not too long after EDD, he could end up with an actual baby for his Birthday :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

I think it's nice for a new daddy to have something abit special , because I've got the baby life has changed for me but he has to go back to work and there's nothing really different during the working day it's back to normal , while friends and family are all coooing over the baby with me He must feel abit left out in the cold . But it doesn't have to be expensive something like a photo in a frame to sit on his desk I think is special and reminds him what he's dong it all for. xx

I think its a lovely idea! I might get something really father-like, maybe a jack daniels hip flask or something. All dads need to have a hip flask! Have it wrapped in the labour bag and then if he needs a strong drink it'll be brilliant timing! xxx

I bought a book called: The Baby's Owner's Manual. It's written in a funny way but is also a serious book. This is the cover (I have the Norwegian version).ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341924152.329719.jpg

Esperanza that's a brilliant idea. I will look for that next time I go to a bookstore :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back