What's the best gift you received for your newborn?

Sabrina

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a present for a really good friend's baby which is due in a week or so. I will probably get to give it to them and the baby when she is about a month old (they know already it's a girl).

What was the best present you got just after your baby was born? Was it toys, something practical, baby equipment, clothes, something for you??

I need some ideas please... thanks ladies. :D

Hi Sabrina

Some of the favourite things we were given were toys, such as teethers, rattley things, things to chew on, that sort of thing. not that all our other pressies werent gratefully received but I did find that most of the clothes that we were given were quite fancy clothes and unfortunatly she never got to wear most of them.
the next size clothes would also be a good idea.

if you were going to get something for the mum then what about a treat of a manicure/pedicure or a facial - I'd have loved something like that!!!

u know what my best present was.... nappies :cheer: know sounds crazy but I alread had so many toys/clothes and you go through nappies so quickly

mine was baby monitors, i have used them every day

I had loads of vouchers for places like Mothercare, Next and M&S which came in really handy for buying Jake clothes through the year. I also had lots of nappies and bath stuff which saved me loads of money. I loved all of my gifts though including all of the gorgeous clothes. If you do get clothes though I would suggest getting a bigger size as I had so much newborn and 0-3 month clothes that some if it hardly ever got worn. Jake also had money which I put in to his bank account :D

Isnt something that someone buoght me but i bought my own and Bam LOVES it, have you seen the taggy blankies?

You can buy them in proper "blanket size" they also can put a picture on and the babies birth details (name weight DOB) etc...

They are really nice, and they can be used a as blanket and then a toy, and then wen there older a keepsake...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I like the taggy blanket idea. Maybe I will get that after the baby is born so I know his name.

I also think I'll get some pampering stuff for the mum to be. Superdrug do a nice range for mum and baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back