Presents for siblings?

stacey_lea86

Reaction score
I am thinking it may be a good idea to get some presents in for our Harvey & Kara (6 & 4) and give them to them from the baby once he is here!

Does anyone know of any nice gifty ideas, or will their favourite toys be enough?

Has anyone else done this to help ease a baby into a new home with older siblings? xx

Think it's a nice idea, I've always brought my nephews and nieces little presents when they have a new brother or sister so they don't feel left out. A little toy they like will be nice. It's nice for them to 'buy' new baby a present as well. My daughter went out and got the baby a pooh bear months ago with her pocket money as she loved hers so much growing up (and still does at 14!)

Their favorite toy is a good idea i'm getting my eldest a spiderman costume from the baby as he has just got really into it and is always wearing the one at school !! not sure what i'm getting my 2 yr old yet. got ethan his favorite toy when my last one was born it does help xx

My little man is obsessed with my nieces kiddizoom camera, I found one the other day for 19.99 so I got it 'from the baby' so that he can get involved with taking pictures etc xx

We are thinking of buying our boys a chain or bracelet each from Lillianne, somehow I don't think they would appreciate toys being 12 & 13. Saying this, I know they wont feel left out as they are both excited to be getting a baby sister, but I want them to have something to treasure from her.

My little man is obsessed with my nieces kiddizoom camera, I found one the other day for 19.99 so I got it 'from the baby' so that he can get involved with taking pictures etc xx

This is a BRILLIANT idea! I might just get them a camera each so they can get really involved with the milestones! Thanks chick! :) xx

My sister did this when nephew number 2 turned up. Ethan was over the moon xxxxxxx

ive done this with friends older kids x ive always brought them games or activites so they are occupied while new mum is busy with baby x

my 2 are 15 and 16 what do i get them lol

I'm going to get them a new camera & scrapbook each so they can milestone their own little adventures with Baby G! That way they wont feel left out & can get involved.

I wouldn't know what to get a teenager, I struggle buying for family members on normal occasions :lol:

I've bought Lennon (5.5yrs) a pack of Zoobles (he saw some at a friends house and really wanted some) and a t-shirt that says 'I'm the Big Brother'. I've wrapped them and stuck them in my hospital bag to give them to him when he first comes in to see the baby.

I got K a doll, she was only 12 months so I thought it would help her understand! When my sister was born I got an all singing all dancing tiny tears and also had a present to give her! I think cameras are fab ideas for older kids!

ive done this with friends older kids x ive always brought them games or activites so they are occupied while new mum is busy with baby x

my 2 are 15 and 16 what do i get them lol

I was wondering whether to get my 14 something or not, obviously they understand but teens can be funny sometimes and very hormonal! you worry about them a bit feeling pushed out, she's been an only child for so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back