Pregnant but had a miscarriage back in May so very scared

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just signed up as I have nowhere else to 'go' for the time being.

This is a duplicate thread as I posted in the 1st Trimester sub forum to begin with - I appreciate everyone that already replied but thought this is the better place for my thread

After a [prolonged] miscarriage back in May, my OH and I have decided that we wish to keep this news to ourself for the time being.

I had a postive result yesterday, period was 2 days late. I have to confess to feeling a bit 'neutral' at the moment.

A little background info ...

In early May I fell pregnant (just a month after coming off the pill) and we were delighted. We both have quite big families but told only our parents, siblings and a few friends. Within 5 days of finding out I began to bleed.

It took 3 weeks for the actual miscarriage to happen. This involved 3 trips to EPU, 6 internal scans and lots of waiting for the inevitable. It was a horrible, grim time. The silver lining was that it was a complete miscarriage (no need for any further medical intervention after actual m/c on 29/30th May).

OH and I were very philisophical about it all - we know that m/c's are very common and are the bodies way of dealing with a non viable pregnancy . We both agreed that it was better to Miscarry at 7 weeks than for the pregnancy to progress only for it to not work out at a later date etc...

All in all I bled for about 10 weeks (3 weeks before and almost 2 months afterwards - albeit pretty light bleeding for the most part). M/c itself was pretty painful but the waiting (and having to get on with daily life) was horrendous - I know for 20 days that I was going to Miscarry but it took so long to happen?

Fast forward to yesterday - I am 4 weeks pregnant and terrified.

We will have an early scan in 3 weeks time to make sure fetus is where it should be and viable etc. However 3 weeks seems like an eternity to wait.

I just feel so helpless at the moment. I don't want to be excited in case pregnancy doesn't progress but I feel guilty for not feeling happier.

I want to be positive, I want to be calm, I want to be stress free but I alternate between being neutral and just plain anxious about it all ...

I was on holiday last week and drank a few glasses of wine every night, plus I had to take several ibuprofen as I had a tooth ache for a few days.. I am now terrified I have caused some damage?

S-I-L has a M/C ealry last year and now has a little 4 month old baby boy so I know secod pregnancies can be fine.

Sorry for the rant - even if no-one replies it helps to write it down.

On a side note one of the websites I did my date check with gave me the follwing message Your due Date (EDD) : May-23-2012 . You are currently 4 weeks pregnant, Septeember(14-20) does this mean that tomorrow it will be 5 weeks? (sorry to sound stupid!)

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back