pregnant again 6 weeks after birth?

youngmummyd

Reaction score
Just wondering how quickly you could get pregnant after giving birth? How likely it is and if anyone has any experience with this?
Thanks girlies
Xx

I've heard that its very possible to get pregnant even a few weeks after giving birth!! It completely depends though...are you breastfeeding? This apparently reduces your fertility but does not make it impossible.. I think they call this Irish Twins!! My lo is only a couple of months old and I'm breastfeeding so my periods have not returned...I know that you can get pregnant before your period returns but having your period is a sure sign that you are fertile again I think! x

It,s possible to get pregnant 3 weeks after birth, from what I,ve read, it,s not possible before then . If your bf totally that should give you some protection, but like all contraception it,s not 100%. You ovulate before you start your periods again, so if you haven't had one yet, it doesn't mean your not fertile again as it can happen any time. Xx

Thank yous. I'm not breastfeeding though :( been very silly and got caught up in the moment so was trying to work out the liklihood . Periods haven't returned yet so I guess its just a waiting game! :s xx

I know someone who fell after 6 weeks, but dunno if she was bf-ing or not. Xxx

My son has a brother and sister in his class who aren't twins! :shock: x

How long ago?? You can get the morning after pill upto 5 days after unprotected sex.

NHS website states you can get pregnant within 3 weeks of giving birth, however its highly unlikely as your body needs to start its cycle again after having baby so its possible to ovulate 2 weeks after giving birth and falling pregnant then xx I didnt even want to think about sex that soon lol!!

There are 10 months between my hubby and his sister, that actually doesn't bear thinking about lol!

There's 10 months between my cousins. They were in the same year at school, and they are brothers. So its very possible hun. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

There is ten and a half months between my brother and sister. I am breastfeeding and have had a period every month since LO was born every 28 days, i can also tell when i'm ovulating....i can't believe it got back to normal so quickly, I was hoping to have a break for a while.

Probably a good idea to go and discuss contraception with your GP if you don't want another baby so soon. You've probably got away with it this month but you never know :)

i had my second child chloe in march 07 found out i was preg again 2 month later and we only had sex twice! i can def happen soon after, i then had aimee 8 week prem and this fri she will be 4 so i will have two four yr old til march lol an my sons 8 next week too! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back