Bleeding after Birth

littleem

Reaction score
Dont know if anyone can help, but after giving birth i obviously bled, but it started to slow down, however today 2 weeks after birth i have started with red blood again, is this normal??

I was the same - bled for a few weeks then looked like it was dying down, then had more red blood. I've read it can be a sign that you're overdoing it a bit. After another week or so of bleeding it stopped altogether at about 8 weeks. hope that helps! :D

that happened with me too elaine
i lost 3 n half pints of blood when i gave birth and im still bleeding a bit now
but ive just had my first period.
but i know what you mean about it dying down then starting bad again
one time i got out the bath and it was pouring down my leg! :shock:

yeah it's horrible isn't it? Just when you think it's finally stopped it starts again! :x I thought there was something wrong, like retained placenta or something until I looked online.

It'll take a while to resume to normal, I bled for about 6 weeks off and on. Only a cause to worry if you're getting big lumps really but if you are ever concerned it's always best to ask and be safe. :hug:

I bled for 10 days after giving birth and about 6 days after that I had my first period.

My GP told me that if you are not breast feeding; you can have your first period between 2 and 10 weeks after giving birth.

You will know if you are having a period or your are bleeding again. As long as it's healthy looking, doesn't smell and you are not in terrible pain then you should be ok.

I agree that it could be that you are doing too much and maybe you should take a little time for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back