Pre-seed/fertility gel users and reviews

Rosiettc

Reaction score
Hi all, I used Fertile Check Fertility Gel the 1st cycle I conceived (lost v early at 5w3d). I've also used Conceive Plus and this cycle Pre-seed. I've heard many good things about Pre-seed mainly and read a good report on gel's in general. I just wondered if anyone had had any obvious luck with any?

Baby dust to everyone! :wave:

Last edited:
I used Pre-Seed and got my bfp that cycle. It ended in miscarriage but whether that was because of preseed I will never know xxxx

Hmm yes I can't help but wonder if there is a connection with MC's and chemical preg's with sperm friendly lube.. xx

I used pre seed and conceived 2nd or 3rd cycle. Was also using SMEP and swear by the combo! I had an MC prior to that using no fertility aids. I've never read of any connection between MC and pre seed but would be interested to know if there was any research on it. I don't get a lot of EWCM so only use it for that purpose x

Last edited:
I've read up on this quite a bit and the question of a connection between miscarriage and pre seed or the like comes up on a lot of forums.

There's no research to support any connection (that I can find) but a lot of anecdotal stories that suggest there might bes a connection. One theory I've seen a couple of times is that it helps the swimmers that might have been too weak to make it on their own and therefore starts off a pregnancy that won't ever be viable because the sperm was too weak or whatever. That kind of makes sense to me.

Having said that, I still wouldn't hesitate to use it, especially if you don't get ewcm, there are loads of stories of people using it and having healthy pregnancies and babies.

We used Balance Activ gel for both successful pregnancies. I had previously had two miscarriages without any conception gel. We also tried Conceive Plus but found it messy/difficult to get to the right place iykwim.

What was good about the Balance Activ was it comes in individual tubes so you know you're using the right amount and its in an applicator so it's easy and quick to get in the right place without spoiling the moment. It's not very sexy to stop what you're doing and have a big conversation about how much to use and where to put it!

I've used - Pre-seed, Balance activ, Yes baby and most recently Conceive plus! So pretty much all the different products lol!

Most fertility gels come in applicators now (Yes baby and conceive plus) and pre-seed comes in a gel tube and you fill the applicators which look like syringes. The balance activ I used actually came out like a spray, dont think you can get this anymore. I like Yes baby as you also get pre filled applicators to take AFTER you ovulate, meant to restore your ph levels or something like that...

Not heard of any connection between these and MC, didn't use any gel the first time I got pregnant and still mc. I would still use them as dont always get much ewcm.

Thanks for the response ladies :) it's nice to hear of different results and opinions. Still waiting to see if the Pre-seed worked as only 7dpo of a now 36 (was 32 until last month?) cycle. The second week is definitely the worst in IMO. I prefer the syringes you fill yourself as the pre-filled applicators always made a squelch noise and ruined the moment LOL!

Baby dust to everyone xxx

Second week is definitely the worst in my opinion too!

I read a lot about MC and preseed and one interesting thing I read was that the MC rate wasn't really any higher than in patients who reported good/high levels of EWCM because both do a similar job with the sperm xx

Ah that's good to know. I think we have been ttc #1 the same amount of time :) Sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back