Pram rant - what to do?

Vicm

Reaction score
I posted in third tri last week about pram I orderd not being ready in colour I orderd it....well it gets worse.

Basically I orderd the silvercross wayfarer in sand about 2 weeks after it was released. So just over 11 weeks ago. We got car seat and isofix too and paid for it in full (well MIL did) for delivery begining of July.

I was told last week, after ringing twice a week for last 3 weeks that they could not get it in sand as silvercross had a massive backlog. They were willing to lend me the black pack for it and will give me sand when it comes in. With me due in 3 weeks thought it best to do this just incase.

Anyway yesterday half hartedly went to collect it. They now tell me it will be at least 6 weeks till my colour comes in, so defo way after baby is due. I took it home and excitedly opened car seat as knew this was in right colour....massive crack down centre of carry handle. Had I not noticed and actually put my baby in then god knows what would have happened, but 100% sure handle would of snapped. Rang shop, they said email pics and they will sort it. Chased them up today and they say 10 days to replace it! What if my baby comes early????

THEN I notice they have given me isofix for a totally different seat! They are sorting that Thursday.

So I have pram in wrong colour, broken car seat and wrong base.

I have emailed silvercross a massive furious email and yet to hear back. I feel like
I don't even want my pram now, especially with faulty car seat as scared the next one will be faulty too. I love the pram I orderd but this has put massive dampner on it. Do you think there is a chance of getting a different pram in time? So basically 2 weeks time? Or am
I best just to stick it out with this one and hope they sort it? I really love my pram but only in colour I orderd it. It took me ages to choose one I was really happy with :-(

Awe that's awful, hopefully they can get you one sooner. Worst feeling not having everything sorted in time.

I had a similar issue with the bassinet we ordered when my daughter was born. She came home and literally slept on the floor next to my bed for a few days. I was in tears on the phone to the company. They were very good in the end. The managing director rang me, couldn't believe what had happened sent me a travel cot to use in the short term,and a £200 voucher, and I got the bassinet the for free. Although the bassinets ended up not arriving for 6 weeks so we never actually used it. Hopefully they do something like that for you!

It's horrible isn't it. I was in tears yesterday. I was sort of over the pram colour...well until they told me it would be another 6 weeks. But the car seat I'm so cross about. I'm just panicking incase baby comes early and I can't get him home. I was so excited about my pram, I know I've got a temporary one but its just not the same.

Is this Mothercare? If so their customer service is appalling! Staff in store are great but their so called customer service centre is terrible, I've been treated very badly!x

That's awful hun. I don't know what to suggest except write to complain again as this is totally unacceptable mayb get a car sear from somewhere else but don't unwrap it somewhere like Argos where it can be returned if needed within 30 days unopened and unused so you have something if baby does come early ? Not idea at all but it would be a solution the other thing is if its a car seat they do elsewhere like in mammas and papas they will do a price match then you could demand refund but it would depend on if had in stock? big hugs xxx

Thanks girls :)
No its not Mothercare, its an independant pram shop, about the size of mothercare but full of prams! I just feel they have been quite useless in trying to sort things out. I am awating a reply from my email to Silvercross and will be going back shop tomorrow to try and sort my isofix out (not that I have a car seat to use it with).

Thats a great idea about getting one from Argos, will definatly put my mind at rest. I definatly cant get the same one from different shop as they are out of stock everywhere, but the Maxi Cosi is compatable with my pram so could get one of those.

If you have a kiddo are shop near you go there. I went the other day an took the pram home with me that day. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back