Car seat + base+ chassis to fit in my tiny ford ka

K80

Reaction score
I am seriously confused.com! My tiny new ford ka means I need a buggy/pram that folds down really small and as its only 3 doors I need a base for the car seat i the back so it can click into place really easily and quickly. Am I hoping for too much?!! I have looked online at the petitestart zia etc but I dont know if you can buy bases for the car seat that comes with the package.

I have my sisters old, but spotless, pram for proper walks leaving from our house. But it will be a tight squeeze in the car.

Does anyone else have a tiny car? I just need something for when I go to the supermarket etc before baby will be cosy and fine in a normal buggy type pram. It's the blooming car seat part that's driving me mad. And I love my wee car, dont want to change it!!:wall2:

Heya!! I am not sure of any myself, hoping one of the other ladies will be able to help you, my best friend is giving me her Maxi Cosy car seat. Have you tried going to a place which sells travel systems John Lewis/Mothercare etc and asking to be put in the right direction? x

Hey

We have a renault clio and we have chosen the britax Purple rain travel system as it folds really small and you can take the wheels off as well to make it smaller :)

I believe you can also get a isofix click base thingy to go with it :)

I have a polo and I've got the maxi cosi Mura 3. The good thing about is is that the wheels click off at the side so quick and easy and I use a maxi cosi car seat and I know u can get the isofix bases for them but we just use the straps! I dunno if it will fit but this is it:
56a96b73-19c0-3caa.jpg

But mines all
In black and so is the car seat xx

We're getting the Mamas and Papas Sola with the natch car seat. The buggy folds pretty small and you can take the wheels off. The car seat can be attached with an isofix base too. xx

I've got a Peugeot 106 and the silver cross 3d fits in the boot fine! Bugaboos fold up tiny but can be pricey!

I have a Ka too, and like you I've looked into the PetiteStar Zia travel system. I got the Xtreme Charisma instead, but might get a Zia for spares as it's lighter and more compact. The car seat is the same for both of them, so would be interchangeable, but I got the Xtreme for the jogger wheels and the carrycot (which you can't use with the Zia). I too have looked for a base for this system, but I've decided I will probably just use the front seat and get the airbag deactivated rather than messing around in the back seat with my sore back. The petitestar ones are the same as the mothercare ones (the Xtreme Charisma is called the Urban Detour instead though) so at some point I'm going to go into mothercare and ask them to show me how to fit the car seat in the car.

I've got a friend with a Ka and another with a Clio. In both cases they used a Maxi Cosi seat and base.

Hi the mothercare my choice 3 or 4 is good the wheels come of the chassis and it folds up small which you can jar with maxi cosi car seat and isofix base :) comes in a range of colours my friend had this was perfect !

Vicki x

I am seriously confused.com! My tiny new ford ka means I need a buggy/pram that folds down really small and as its only 3 doors I need a base for the car seat i the back so it can click into place really easily and quickly. Am I hoping for too much?!! I have looked online at the petitestart zia etc but I dont know if you can buy bases for the car seat that comes with the package.

I have my sisters old, but spotless, pram for proper walks leaving from our house. But it will be a tight squeeze in the car.

Does anyone else have a tiny car? I just need something for when I go to the supermarket etc before baby will be cosy and fine in a normal buggy type pram. It's the blooming car seat part that's driving me mad. And I love my wee car, dont want to change it!!:wall2:

would not really recommend the petite start zia pushchair as me and a friend had this last time before they introduced the car seat attachment feature and although it looks nice n stylish it really isnt worth the hassle!! my friend had loads of problems with hers straps broke, wheels went funny then the frame went quite flimsy, i got rid of mine when baby was 6 weeks old and the plastic on the handles had broke and the brakes had broke so got rid and bought a maclaren instead, not sure if they have updated it now, but the shop that sold them by us stopped selling them coz of all the problems :shakehead: Good Luck with the shopping though hun and im sure some of the other girs can advise you xxx

Not sure if its been mentioned but what about a Quinny Zapp xtra? It folds small and takes a maxi cosi car seat which you can get a base for?
One of the mum's at nursery has one and her LO looks really cosy wrapped up in it. x

I have a Ka too, and like you I've looked into the PetiteStar Zia travel system. I got the Xtreme Charisma instead, but might get a Zia for spares as it's lighter and more compact. The car seat is the same for both of them, so would be interchangeable, but I got the Xtreme for the jogger wheels and the carrycot (which you can't use with the Zia). I too have looked for a base for this system, but I've decided I will probably just use the front seat and get the airbag deactivated rather than messing around in the back seat with my sore back. The petitestar ones are the same as the mothercare ones (the Xtreme Charisma is called the Urban Detour instead though) so at some point I'm going to go into mothercare and ask them to show me how to fit the car seat in the car.

Hey hun, i dont know if its the same for all cars but i have a 3 door at the moment, took my car to dealer (honda) and ask if it is possible to turn off airbag so i could use front and they said no, they dont do this anymore for safety reasons so i have to use back. luckily getting a 5 door now but i would check this with a garage to make sure they can do this for you.

Hey hun, i dont know if its the same for all cars but i have a 3 door at the moment, took my car to dealer (honda) and ask if it is possible to turn off airbag so i could use front and they said no, they dont do this anymore for safety reasons so i have to use back. luckily getting a 5 door now but i would check this with a garage to make sure they can do this for you.

I've been googling my type of Ka (2008 Ka Style Climate 1.3) and according to most of the manuals it should have an on/off switch for passenger airbag. Will definitely need to look into it, I wouldn't want to take any unnecessary risks. Thanks for the info xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back