Positive home tests... Neg Docs test???

mrsablett

Reaction score
We have been using a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor.

My last 'proper' period was on February 2nd and I ovulated on the 18th.

I then had a period/bleed(?) on March 2nd (bang on my 'normal' 30 day cycle) that lasted less than a day (unusual for me). I didn't really think and assumed that meant I wasn't pregnant.

Anyway, following lots of signals.... we did a test yesterday that was positive!!!!! YaY! (We've been trying for just under 2 years). I re-tested this morning and positive again. Double YaY!

Given that we've been using the monitor, I know that I haven't ovulated since Feb 18th. So surely I am 6 weeks and not 2 weeks?

BTW - I have PCOS. Seems we either got pregnant on our wedding night (Feb 18th) or on our Honeymoon. There is a LOT to be said for taking it easy, relaxing and letting your body be in a good place for making that new life.

BUT NOW I'M CONFUSED!

Seen my Doc this afternoon and he initially agreed that given my dates etc. that I would be around 6 weeks.

HOWEVER, he did a test that was 'negative'.

He says that the test that I used was far more sensitive than they ones they use and i'm obviously very early.

SO, I just did a Clear Blue Digital (with conception indicator) and it CLEARLY says "Pregnant, 1-2".

I have to go back in 2 weeks for him to test again.

Am I pregnant or not?

Urgh. Talk about a COME DOWN!

Pic attached. I'm not seeing things.... am i?

Attachments

• test pic.jpg
    test pic.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
thats very confusing !! but the test defo says pregnant 1-2 xxx

Its true that cb's and frers are more sensitive than the doctors hun, so just relax and go back in a couple of weeks. Just do another cb next week and see if it goes up to 3weeks x

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

The counting begins with the first day of your last normal menstrual period before you got pregnant. In other words, the counting begins about two weeks before you have even conceived. Why does the counting begin that early? It starts at that point primarily it is because it is difficult to pinpoint the exact date a woman conceived, and the first date of her last menstrual period is a much easier marker to identify.

so thats why the dr says 6 wks....not 2. fx crossed for you sweetie :)

Seems you are def pregnant!! (Don't have a come down lol CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It can take docs a while to catch up with our 'expensive tests' lol) x

Gotta go with the digi test surely?!! Congratulations!!!! x

I would say....congratulations!!!! The GP tests are not as sensitive and when I went to the docs to confirm my pregnancy the GP told me this too and didn't bother - she said I'll trust the test you have taken so try not to allow it to dampen your good news.

The only test I had done by the docs was at 10 weeks when I had my first midwife appointment - it def showed up then :)

BTW We're neighbours!!!

xxx

I would say....congratulations!!!! The GP tests are not as sensitive and when I went to the docs to confirm my pregnancy the GP told me this too and didn't bother - she said I'll trust the test you have taken so try not to allow it to dampen your good news.

The only test I had done by the docs was at 10 weeks when I had my first midwife appointment - it def showed up then :)

BTW We're neighbours!!!

xxx

Ah that's a shame! Wish my Dr had done that. All said though, he is very good.

Howdy neighbour! Where are you?

Yes I would say ur pregnant too! 3-4 weeks infact??

I'm in Deptford!!!!!! xxx

Wowzers! Cool :D Which Dr are you with, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm with Dr Bala at the Waldron Centre (The NHS Walk-In Practice). I live on the High Street.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Which hospital have you selected?

x

Last edited:
What a small world!!! I go to the Grove medical centre on Groves Road which is more North Deptford but not too far from the High Street.

I had a choice between Lewisham and Guys & St Thomas' - I'm going to St Thomas' just because it's so suppose to be great - my neighbour went and said the care was brilliant. Hopefully I'll get the same. Hopefully you'll be sorting all that out soon too :) Oooo this is sooo exciting!

xx

It is a small world and it is VERY exciting. I'm going to stay positive and calm.

Do you think you'll join NCT?

Given the fact the Dr even said his tests are less sensitive, I'd go with the digi!

Congrats

xxxxxxx

My friend had the same and came away from he docs feeling embarrassed. She's now 24 weeks and was very definitely preggers!!! If the conception indicator is saying 1-2 weeks I would imagine you're actually less further along than your doc says.

Maybe wait a week and test again to be absolutely certain (but take it that you are preggers) and then go back to docs?

Hope it's not got you down

X

I would say the bleed you had at beginning of the month could have been implantation bleeding so that's why your digital test is saying one to two weeks you have polycystic ovaries like me so your cycle varies in my first pregnancy i was put back three days with my son at my twelve week scan the egg can implant later causing difference in dates also you can ovulate later the tests are not so reliable x

26 weeks pregnant. Team yellow too hope to find out peanuts sex on 26th march x

hey hun massive congratulations.....the fact that a cb digi has confirmed it you are definately pregnant....so convinced am i, that i am going straight to the march testing thread and adding you!! congratulations celebrate!!

xxxx

where I live when you are pregnant you don'tgo to your go but just make an appointment with a midwife and then go there at 8 weeks and she also doesn't test you at all. unless you have serious health issues or any other reason to be checked you do not have to go to the doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back