Positive home tests... Neg Docs test???

Yep - my GP didn't even test me and I have my booking appointment and 12 week scan date :shock: :shock:

Last edited:
Thinking about it the Dr said "Would you like me to do a test" and i said "yes". Maybe if i'd said no need he'd have gone ahead and started booking me in.

Anyway, i can be patient..... I think!

Thinking about it the Dr said "Would you like me to do a test" and i said "yes". Maybe if i'd said no need he'd have gone ahead and started booking me in.

Anyway, i can be patient..... I think!

If I was offered I would have def said yes!

It could just be that your pee was diluted at the time you took the test?

xxxxxxxx

Ok! I can't be patient. I literally just did another digi test. NOT PREGNANT.

I'm not some crazed loon. I did two tests. One Sunday afternoon and one Monday morning. The picture i posted is not fake. My Husband saw both my poitive tests too!

I knew it was too good to be true.

I feel hollow! What the heck?!

Ok! I can't be patient. I literally just did another digi test. NOT PREGNANT.

I'm not some crazed loon. I did two tests. One Sunday afternoon and one Monday morning. The picture i posted is not fake. My Husband saw both my poitive tests too!

I knew it was too good to be true.

I feel hollow! What the heck?!

Oh dear hun, so you've just done a digi that says 'not pregnat'

It could just be time of day you are testing? If yesterday's test was with FMU and today's was with afternoon pee then it may just be you are so early on the test can't pick up hCG?

Try again in a day or two with FMU

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
URGH!

Wish i hadn't done the two tests. I really didn't think i would be because of that bleed. I've just been feeling so grotty and i'm sure it's not in my mind, because as far as i was concerned we couldn't be pregnant. But i wasn't getting a peak reading on the fertility monitor on the days that i normally do either.

BUMMER. My Husband will be gutted :(

If only i'd left it 2 days longer, i wouldn't have got either positive!

Last edited:
I think you should test again in a couple of days. The digi test clearly said pregnant. WHat time of day did you take the not pregnant test? xx

It was half 2 this afternoon. My first positive was at about the same time on Sunday. Got my second positive first thing on Monday morning.

I'll test in a couple of days.

Staying hopeful but prepared to start again xx

False negative is common but no false positive especially on a cb dig. Most doctors take your word for it and don't bother retesting you as home tests are really sensitive

So...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! xxx

Staying positive for you once hcg doubles you will get a strong positive. Maybe when you tested yesterday it was still weak in your urine.

Good luck :) xxx

Good luck if u r testing again, it'll be fine x

sent from my snazzy HTC

Proper period pains today. Definate pains.

Keeping busy.

Thank you for all for your kind words! xx

As i understand it 'dating' a pregnancy does not have a anything really to do with when you ovulate or when you had sex because these are variable dates (as babyfever says above) the only true date that can be used that is not variable is the date of your last period ,Hense the date you expected your next period to start you are dated at approximately 4 weeks pregnant although you may have only had sex a week ago. Later dating the pregnancy with scans is more accurate. Do try and relax , hope all goes well for you.x

Totally understand that now.

So i guess we can just hope, we caught a very weak early reading and we'll get a definate later reading in a couple of weeks.

Relaxing. Thanks! :0) x

Your welcome , glad I could help, take care all the best x

This happened to me! Had a positive home pregnancy test, went to doctor the next day and his test was negative! They advised me to wait another day and go back which I did, then the test was positive! I remember being very confused and not sure if I was pregnant. But I was and I now have a lovely 19 month old! Their tests are jut not as accurate...

I had my son in the home from home unit at St Thomas' and it was fantastic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back