false positive?

chezd

Reaction score
Hi...I'm a little confused and hope someone can shed a little light please...
I did a home pregnancy test clear blue digital 1 with conception indicator...it came up as pregnant 1-2 weeks...have now been to the doctor n that test was negative...I have been off the Depo for 5 weeks....cud the clear blue be a false positive?? Any advice would b very helpful thank u xx

What sort of test did the dr do? Urine or blood. Blood is quite definitive, whereas some urine tests have different sensitivity. Have you done another clearblue?

It is possible to have a "chemical pregnancy" which is a very early miscarriage, so the test is only fleetingly positive before turning negative again. If you have bleed since the negative test, this is probably the most likely answer. Its heartbreaking when it happens though, there have been a number of ladies on here who have had this.

He just did a urine test...n no bleeding between tests...havnt done another clear blue yet x

what was the time difference between your test and the docs test?

docs tests are not known to be that sensitive - have you any idea how far pregnant you could be?

Abt 12 hours between them...test lastnight around 7 n his test dun around 10 am thismorning onli very early max of 3weeks id say xx

I would say test again daily and go back to the docs if they are still + after a few days and then their test should pick it up :) fingers crossed for you

I would do another test tomorrow, i ordered the same tests the doctors used and got 2 bfn but then i bought a clear blue because i thought i saw a very faint line on the 3rd test i did!lol. and that was bfp i've done another clear blue since and got another bfp. So my advice is to do another test yourself. Fingers crossed its bfp.xx

Ok thank u all for ur advice...I will test daily n c what happens xx

only way this would happen is if u were going to have a chemical pregnancy but as the others have said the docs ones are not very sensitive and if ur only 3 weeks im surprised the digi picked it up so must be some strong hcg there, best of luck xxx

Just looked into my dates again and 3 weeks ago I took morning after pill so if that's failed it cud b 3weeks if not its been in the last 2weeks I've been caught n it duz surprise me a test picked it up so quick because a week ago I did a cheepo test n that was negative...during the last week iv had more symptoms this week...tender breasts...a lot of nausea no sickness n sleepyness, so confused that this clear blue test has come up pregnant 1-2 weeks...apart from chemical pregnancy could a test like that give a false positive cause the doctor was contadicting saying their test was more sensitive than mine yet then Sed its picked up early pregnancy signs that theirs Wudnt...lol...talk abt confusing lol thank u all for taking the tym to answer n shed light its much appreciated xx

eeeekk i think u should make app at docs n tell him/she wat has gone on and he maybe will arrange a scan for u xx

Was at the docs 2day n they did test which was negative but he hasn't decided whether I am or not because my test showed positive...I have got a routine blood test due next week but I dnt no it its they type of 1 where they wud b looking for pregnancy hormones with out being told to...Dr wants a re test next week on urine to see if it was that my hormone level wasn't quite strong enough 2day but may show next week....its a bizarre 1 I must say...wen I fell with my 8 year old I had missed just 2 pills from my pill packet n got caught with him...tested 3 weeks later n def pregnancy lol....this tym round its confusing coz I havnt had a period due to onli being off Depo 5 weeks....he did say with not being off Depo that long n having taken a morning after pill it wud b unlikely but cause I was caught so easy with my son its not impossible...he really hasn't made it clear as to why I'd get a positive if I might not be lol...hence my confusion....think I may do home tests every 2 days n see what happens xx

Hi hunny, I dont want to sound mean, but i had the exact same thing last april. I finished with the depo and got caught bang on 2 weeks later. I had the same as you, a couple of pos tests then negative. Mine was a chemical pregnancy as the doctor explained that the depo thins the lining of the womb so an egg couldnt stick. It took me 5 months to have any kind of bleed, and only 9 months later did i get regular periods back. I conceived again in oct but only got to 4+5 because my lining was still thinner than what it should have been.

Like i say, sorry if this is the case, as i can only share my experience xx

I got a positive 1-2 on a clear blue as well which turned into a negative the next day :( I'd had 2 textbook pregnancies before so I'd never been so confused before. Ended up being a chemical.

Really hope this isn't the case for you, good luck!!! X

Hi thank u so much 4 sharing I think its def a neg as all tests since that 1 positive so not holding out...lower tummy pains r more like ov type pains that period so think my bods just playing games lol...not gonna let it get me down just means u hav plenty more practices lol....

Thank u all again n good luck to all those who r pregnant, waiting to test or are try...my thoughts n prayers with u all through this trying tym

Good luck ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back