Planned c sec or natural??

izziesmom

Reaction score
I'm unsure what to do, 14months ago i had a difficult birth with my first she was transverse and just didn't want to come out so i ended up with an emergency c-section, now I'm being told i may have to have a natural birth again which i don't want. i don't want to have a long labour and then an emergency c-section. i also have a higher risk of heart conditions in the fetus as my daughter has tetralogy of fallots which i think would make me feel more comfortable having a c-section.

Have you asked for a c-section and explained your reasons to your midwife?? Remember every labour is different and maybe if this one is natural it will be nothing like before! xxxxx

If the cause of the dificult birth was because of the lay of baby , perhaps they can take a look at how baby is lying now for you to set your mind at ease?

I have never had labour so can't really comment on it , but would bite your arm off to try it, I had planned sections , and although organised and no panic and does the job, and labour would knacker you out first, I would love to be involved in delivering a baby, even if I didnt make it right to the end and had a section, I feel very robbed of my natural motherly rights, to say I did that. Planned section is very clinical and I really am just a slab of meat having an op.

Why don't you give it another go, after two sections they will not let you have a triall of labour again if you have any more children, you will get a planned section, be a shame not to try again, it really could be a whole different experiance this time round and wow you could feel fantastic.

I also had an emergency c-section with my 1st and have just recently had an elective c-section with my 2nd boy. I had the choice and there was no pressure by doctors or midwives to try naturally again. Even though this c-section wasnt exactly as relaxed and stress free as i had hoped Im definately glad i didnt try a natural labour again. You have to do what feels right for you and if you feel thats another c-section then give your reasons and push for what you want, its your birth! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back