petrified*scared angry and annoyed... help appreciated !

Munz

Reaction score
I was suppose to have my first scan Friday just gone unfortunately didn't happen as the traffic was manic and got there 10 mins late! because it was a late app 4pm they said they finish at 4:30pm so they re-arranged for tomorrow morning...

the annoying part... Saturday morning started cramping and bleeding (btw I was 10+6) so I rang the out of hours doc ( who I had to repeat everything to at least 5 times!! grrrr) anyway told me a nurse would call me back..got the call an hour later again explained what was happening, so she booked me in to see a doc at the hospital. I got there and had the most sarcastic female doc!!! she wasn't at all bothered and poked my belly a few times and said " bleeding is sooooo common unless it's blood gushing through ur clothing and we can't get u in to EPU till Wednesday anyway! go home a rest it should just settle" she poked my belly a few more times I was telling her that I was in agony yet she continued anyway.. she ruled out the poss of a ectopic pregnancy because according to her my "tubes weren't sore enough" I thought thanks for nothing!

now last night I had some more heavy bleeding and cramping with back pain, I'm scared that I'm loosing it but I've not got any clots.. is there any point me going back to a&e if they can't get me in for a scan? I don't understand why the heck I'm bleeding and no one seems to care :(

Sorry for the long post but I'm absolutely petrified... my and hubby don't know what to do :(:(

Is there a hospital near you that has a walk in epu? If not, I'd demand to be seen sooner :hugs: hope everything is ok x

unfortunately not :( I have demanded unfortunately it makes no difference to them

That's a disgrace you are being treated like that when you are in so much pain and obviously very worried. Have u tried going to a and e? I had bleeding last week and my GP said as soon as there's pain and bleeding as heavy as a period to go straight to casualty. I hope u feel better soon xx

Where in west Yorkshire are you?

Halifax has a maternity triage for this sort of thing.

Thats awful hun :hug:

If you can find a hops with a walk in EPU i'd go there, although most places I don't think have sonographers in on a sunday - at least thats how it is in Scotland.

If you have your scan first thing tomorrow morning It may be best just to get as much rest as possible and go then. If anything was to go wrong I don't think theres much they can do x :hug: xx

If it helps I had bleeding around about the same as you - really bad cramps too I was sure something was wrong. However everything was ok and I think as long as theres no massive clots it can be normal xx

GOod luck with your scan tomorrow hun xx :hug: x

Have you tried ringing NHS Direct? They might fast track you and tell you to go to hospital for a scan!
I had abdominal pain at 9 weeks, so I rang NHS Direct and they told me to go to local A&E, I got there and booked in and within seconds I was called in, put on a bed and transferred to another hospital for a scan.
Hope they can do the same for you - if they don't then it's a complete & utter disgrace!!

Hugs :hugs:

Last edited:
That's a disgrace you are being treated like that when you are in so much pain and obviously very worried. Have u tried going to a and e? I had bleeding last week and my GP said as soon as there's pain and bleeding as heavy as a period to go straight to casualty. I hope u feel better soon xx

I've been to a&e yesterday they told me they can't do anything :( I have to wait till tomorrow for scan and solider through tonight x

Have you tried ringing NHS Direct? They might fast track you and tell you to go to hospital for a scan!
I had abdominal pain at 9 weeks, so I rang NHS Direct and they told me to go to local A&E, I got there and booked in and within seconds I was called in, put on a bed and transferred to another hospital for a scan.
Hope they can do the same for you - if they don't then it's a complete & utter disgrace!!

Hugs :hugs:

NHS direct is basically "out of hours doctors" they referred me to a&e and couldn't do nothing despite the fact I told the agony... another thing I found appalling today I called my midwife ( no I had on my maternity notes) they told me that they can ONLY advise women who are 20+ weeks. I thought that us ladies in our Tri 1 were more at risk and surely should be given priority? clearly not :(

I know its easier said than done, but keep ur feet up tonight and rest. Tomorrow will be here before u know it.

Hope everything is ok x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

The way you were treated is awful!,
try and relax tonight, the morning will come quicker than you think.

FX for you hope it goes okay :)

I know its really tough honey and it doesn't excuse the way you've been treated but sadly unless there is a risk of an ectopic (and they really should have taken you more seriously on that) there is little they can do if a pregnancy is failing in tri1, whereas at 20+ weeks there maybe more and the pregnancy is closer to viable. I really hope you get some answers tomorrow. Take some painkillers, hot water bottle and as Em says tomorrow will come soon :hug: xxxx

18yrs ago I started bleeding clots and lots of blood at around 10-11 weeks...the doctor made me go to bed and I had to stay there with my feet up for 3 weeks! Only got up to pee in bucket by bed...they told me at time there was nothing they could do and rest was only thing I could do....but that was 18yrs ago you would think they would have improved stuff by now!

By the way I have a healthy 18 yr old daughter...she was fine x

Awful way to be treated and so sorry your going through this. Such a worrying time for you both. Tomorrow will be here soon, will be keeping my fingers crossed all is ok and be thinking of you.x

The care really does seem awful and in no way makes you feel reassured. Fingers crossed though let us know how u get on and how u are xxxx

You poor thing, that's awful the way you have been treated. Really hope all goes well for you tomorrow and your mind can be put at rest. x

hope tomorrow goes weel for you x

Sorry to hear you,ve been treated so bad, that's just awful, I wish you all the best for tomorrow , got my fx,d eveything is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back