Very scared - please help!

melissa5317

Reaction score
Hello all - new user here looking for some advice. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have started having some bleeding which seems to vary between brown and red. I'm not in pain - in fact, it feels like I'm having a period except that the bleeding is much lighter than that. I have a bit of cramping, but no more than I've had off and on for the length of the pregnancy thus far. I went to A&E today and they sent me to the gyno ward, and the doc there said she couldn't see a problem and just to wait it out - they're sending me for a scan in two days time.

Has this (or anything similar) happened to anyone else?? I'm frightened because I have PCOS and my husband and I have found it very hard to conceive already.

Any and all advice would be much appreciated!

with alice (my 1st) i had some spotting very early on (5-6 weeks), but i thought nothing off it at the time- I didn't know i was pg. It was brown and was more like coloured discharge than blood.

When i had my miscarriage, boy did i know it. I bleed through a doorstep style towel in such a short time - it was bright red and poored out of me. They didn't even bother with scans, they took bloods, and another set a week later to check and see if i had lost the baby.

Im sorry im not of much more help. I really hope that this pregnancy sticks :hug:

(oh, and welcome to the forum :hug: )

i've had the same kind of discharge/blood for about 3 weeks now (but not cramps), i had a routine midwifes appointment and she assured me there was nothing wrong, but im still finding it really scary.

hope all is ok with you

xx

Does your hospital have an E.P.U. (Early Pregnancy Unit)?
If so, I would pop down there tomorrow.
I know some women bleed throughout their pregnancy and bleeding in pregnancy is very common. However, you should always get it checked out so keep an eye on things.
Good luck with your scan. Lucyx

it is common for some women to bleed through out their pregnancy as previously said and they go on to have healthy happy pregnancies and babies but its always best to get it checked out esp if you have a lot of pain or bleeding increases,

but i hope scan goes well for you hun, let us know how u get on :hug: :hug:

I bled for the first 12-13 weeks ish and am now 28 weeks, this is baby number 7 and i never had it happen with any of the others so panicked the whole time, i had an early scan to reassure me but was still scared till it stopped and even then thought something must have been wrong for it to happen but as said before it is more common than you think in pregnancy so try not to panic too much but ask for an early scan for reasurrance. :hug:

Thanks everyone for the advice - I've got an early scan tomorrow which hopefully will be reassuring! Bleeding has gone from red to brown, still a bit frightened but managing to calm down a bit. :|

Melissa

I've had bleeding so far at about 6/7 weeks, 11 weeks 13 weeks and again this week! They identified an 'area of seperation' when I went for my 12 week scan which was apparently the cause, there are so many reasons it could happen. I know it's easier said than done but try and take comfort in the fact that you are not in pain and are not passing clots and take it easy up until your scan. Hope everything goes well in your scan xx

Sam&Alice said:
with alice (my 1st) i had some spotting very early on (5-6 weeks), but i thought nothing off it at the time- I didn't know i was pg. It was brown and was more like coloured discharge than blood.

When i had my miscarriage, boy did i know it. I bleed through a doorstep style towel in such a short time - it was bright red and poored out of me. They didn't even bother with scans, they took bloods, and another set a week later to check and see if i had lost the baby.

Im sorry im not of much more help. I really hope that this pregnancy sticks :hug:

(oh, and welcome to the forum :hug: )

:wave: Exactly what Sam and Alice said hun, i was the same when i misscarried i filled a toilet with blood just in the space of a few seconds :( i just wanted to share something with you- my friend Cantelle is 9 and half weeks and i spent the day with her in A&E two nights ago as she was bleeding. i said to her in the waiting room its going to be OK the baby if fine dont worry, i said this because she was only bleeding a little and not passing any clots ect. she knew i had miscarried in feb. we went for the scan finally and there was babys heart beating away. try not to worry hun if they were really worried you would have had an emerg scan :hug:

Hello, and many thanks for everyone's advice and well-wishes.

I had my scan this morning and got the unfortunate news that the little one had stopped developing around week 6 and there was no heartbeat, so sadly I have a miscarriage pending.

I hope you all continue your pregnancies safely and I hope to be back in a few months time after things have calmed down here and we try again.

All the best and thanks again.

Melissa

Im so so sorry :hug: , if you ever want to chat just pm me i have been through this twice now xx

oh no, im so sorry. :hug: if you need a chat anytime feel free to message me :hug:

Ive got my fingers crossed that it won't be long till you get pg again.

I'm very sorry to hear you're sad news, thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back