Moved the date forward!

shootingstar22

Reaction score
I will now be coming off the pill at the en of May!!!

Questions: Is it wierd for me to book an appointment with the doc to dicuss getting pregnant?long story short my pill has caused no ends of probelms, believe it is the cause of my anxiety attack an what not. I just want to check that coming off it's not goin to cause an attack or a migrane on my wedding day/honeymoon (begin June).

Plus I have noticed a varicose vein And millions of spider veins on my legs and am worried that I am at a higher risk of DVT in pregnancy/ on the long haul flight.

As I'm not sick I feel silly seeing the dr!

Has anyone had a negative effect from stopping the pill?

Is it the combined pill or the mini pill?

When I came off the combined pill a few years ago I stopped getting migraines and lost weight - so it was all good!

Lots of luck for your BFP

I was on Microgynon for 10 years and stopped without seeing the doctor, I didn't really have any side effects.

Good luck for TTC

Hi ShootingStar,
When I had an appointment with the health centre nurse last year, I happened to mention that we were planning on ttc in the near future. She said it was good that I'd mentioned it, so they could do blood tests for things like Ruebella antibody in advance. (If they find probs, she said you need to have a jab then wait another 3 months before ttc).
It may vary between health centres, but I think it's worth giving them a call in case they have a similar process in place.
Best of luck! :) Xx

Ive just come off contraception but not palnning on trying for 6 months - the nurse also recommended me to book an appointment now with Doctor for general health check and to test for rubella immunisation like Bead said. It's 3 months that you can't try if you have to have a booster shot

Hey shooting Star, I used to be on this, (not recently) was on it quite a while but came off as it caused me to be really stroppy!! Not fair on the hubby!!!

Great your TTC date is sooner and so welcome to TTC soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back