Peoples reaction to DD2 name

I love the name Ginny and can't see why people are having issues with it at all!!

If it's any consolation, at least one person comes up to me a day to discuss my wee boys hair colour! I don't know myself what colour it is, blonde / red / auburn are the usual guesses but you wouldn't comment if he had brown hair. Same way I think people shouldn't comment on names, just accept them!

People are rude idiots. I like Ginny, but even if I didn't - who the hell cares? And I wouldn't dare say anything. This is why I've kept our short list name a secret from Everyone, I wouldn't want anyone putting me off.

People are rude idiots. I like Ginny, but even if I didn't - who the hell cares? And I wouldn't dare say anything. This is why I've kept our short list name a secret from Everyone, I wouldn't want anyone putting me off.

I didn't tell anyone the name Ginny for the same reason as you, and I stupidly thought that once she is here no one would ever give negative comments on a name you've actually chosen and used?! Haha - how wrong was I!!!

We had the same with my ds2 whose called Archer. My parents reaction was the worst and still to this day they say they hate his name and at least he has a "proper" middle name he can use. A lot of people mispronounce it which is annoying, my boys have started to correct them!
I would have thought Ginny was quite well know after Harry Potter. I love it! From experience as long as you like it that's all that matters x

My friend has the most unusual names for her children and she gets that at first , but is he doesn't care .... I like unusual names ... 10 years on even my family can't spell my daughters name correct and she gets called everything but .... I also had negative opinions of dd2 name ... I don't care . I love Ginny ... It's almost vintage sounding to me ... It makes me think of such nice things when I hear it , it's endearing xx

Ginny is a lovely name, how on earth do people think it's Jimmy?! X

Ginny like the Harry Potter character? You know, the Harry Potter that is like the most well known story of the 21st century?! How can people either, 1: Think it's an odd name? 2: Not know how to pronounce it? 3: Have never heard of it?!
Well I think it's lovely, and everyone else can piss off :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back