PCO

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by broody2013, Jun 25, 2016.

1. broody2013

broody2013 Well-Known Member

I've just had a private scan they found I have an anteverted uterus and my right ovary is 15mm and left 11mm the upper range of normal is 10mm so both are abnormal both have multiple small folicles measuring less than 1.2mm in size so they think I have PCO. I am beyond heartbroken. After 23 months and being fobbed off by doctors it was all futile anyway.

2. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Well-Known Member

Oh no broody :( I'm so sorry. You should go back to the doctor with the info and tell them you want something to help. What would be the next step to take now? I still ahve everything crossed you'll get your baby xx

3. snowbee

snowbee Well-Known Member

Broody don't be disheartened by a pco diagnosis, many many ladies have pco and a huge percentage of those have no problems having children, it can just take a little longer for some of us. I've had two natural pregnancies and I have pco, and not just mildly my ovaries are huge and covered in cysts.

There are some simple things you can do to help with pco. Diet is one, go low sugar, low gi where possible. If you don't already swap to whole milk, not skimmed, and other full fat dairy is better than low fat versions. There is also a huge range of supplements, if you do a search on here you will find a range of threads covering this, different things work for different people.

Can you go back to your GP with your private scan information as then they should be able to refer you on to the fertility clinic.

4. Hoping for no2

Hoping for no2 Well-Known Member

Hi broody please don't give up, I know quite a large number of ladies with PCOS who have kids, (a lot conceived naturally), it's really not the end of the road. In fact, I would say it's the opposite as you can now go to your GP and insist on a referral. Do you mind me asking why you have to wait till spring 2017 for an infertility referral? Anyone who has been trying for a baby for 12 months is entitled to be referred for fertility investigations. I would personally take the scan to my GP and insist on an immediate referral. Best of luck to you xx

5. phonixgirl

phonixgirl Well-Known Member

Hi honey

This makes sense from everything you've said. I know lots of people who've had babies with it.

Message me on FB and I'll give you some advice. I have both conditions. I definitely recommend chromium.

Lots of love xxx

6. FBTTN8079

FBTTN8079 Well-Known Member

Broody please don't be disheartened, now that you have the diagnosis and the info you'll be able to get the help and assistance if and when needed

My friend has pcos and endometriosis and it took her a little longer for her first but she fell pregnant unassisted for both her girls. For her 2nd she lost 2 stone (gained from 1st pregnancy) after joining SW and fell within 3 months so it really can happen please don't loose hope xxx

7. Eryinera

Eryinera Well-Known Member

Just saw this when looking something else up and though of you xx

8. broody2013

broody2013 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much girls for all the kind replies. I'm still feeling a bit in denial about this. I saw the doctor they said if it is PCOS they can help if it's PCO then they can't do anything about it. I've never wanted to be ill before but I'd rather have the PCOS and a solution than PCO with no answers, but I don't think I have a hormone problem :(

Thanks so much for your replies I really appreciate it xxx

9. Eryinera

Eryinera Well-Known Member

10. blacksnow

blacksnow Active Member

I have no personal experiences, but keep my fingers crossed everything will work out for you xx