Passing the featus?

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
I've had a pretty awful time recently, thought I had had an early miscarriage at the end of October but have felt really poorly with intermittent bleeding and pains on the right hand side. My doctors have been worse than useless but eventually they sent me to the hospital on Monday after saying if I wanted a scan I would have to pay privately!! When I did get my scan yesterday they found a perfectly formed 4 cm featus in my right tube - although it was there they couldnt find a heartbeat and they think it had died a couple of weeks ago - Apart from being very lucky that the tube hadnt reptured I am so angry as I have been back and forward to the doctors and was beginning to feel that I was loosing my mind!!

The good news (if there is any) is that as the baby has died they think I am starting to pass it so meaning I dont need to loose my tube - the problem is although I am really glad to be home and just going back everycouple of days now to check that it is dissapating (sp) I am unsure what will happen. Does anyone know if I will pass the baby as a whole thing? I quite scared and upset that this will happen and would rather be prepared.....

Thanks for any help x x x

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG I'm totally shocked!! I can't believe this has happened to you and nobody picked up on it!!!

You poor thing! I'm sorry sorry you're going through this........ :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm afraid I have no knowledge about passing the fetus. I just wanted to give you a :hug:

Oh no poor you what an ordeal! I would definately complain about the treatment you have recieved on the nhs as you say you are lucky to be able to not have lost your tube and if the tube had ruptured you could have lost your life im disgusted in the treatment you recieved from the NHS!

I am sorry I cant help with your questions on passing the feotus but wanted to offer my suport and give a few of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi ROM.
Firstly I must say sorry for your loss and how appalled I am at how you are being treated.

When I had my miscarriage last month I passed mine naturally and basically I had a couple of hours of extreme pain,yes contractions, and I passed the sac and all in 2 parts.
I had a desire to sit on the loo, as you do when in labor and it ended up in there.

You will know when you have passed it.
If you want to pm me, please do so

:hug: Shell

I'm sorry for your loss, and i am disgusted on how you have been treated.
Can't believe that you knew something was wrong yet they still paid you pay for the scan to find out. How do they get away with treating people like animals? xxx

Thanks ladies, all I know is at the moment my baby is 4 cm long and still in my right tube - I know its just a matter of time but I have all sorts of worries now - too much time on my own I suppose - the thought of having something dead inside me is quite frightening. I am sure that the consultant said that the baby will start to breakdown and some will be re-absorbed. I am having another scan on Tuesday next week to see how it is going so its just a waiting game I suppose.

Thanks for your support - just thinking about what to do about our doctors, DH thinks we should complain but I'm not good at doing things like that.

So sorry to hear that hun, I cant believe they hadnt noticed this earlier.

The fetus will be broken down and passed, your bodys automatic reaction is to break it down and pass it which will be why u've had pain and will continue to have pain until it has fully passed.

When I m/c I had contraction like pains that are said to be simular to labour every few minutes and passed everything that way so im not sure if it will be the same for you or not.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi ROm, i'm so sorry to hear about this. You poor thing. I think your OH is right - complain. It might not achieve anything but they might think twice before the fob someone off again.

I'm glad they know what is wrong with you, it's just a shame it's such sad news. I don't know anything about passing the fetus, but I just wanted to say sorry for your loss and give you a big hug.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

Dear Rom,

I had no idea this had happened to you and am so sorry to hear that your little baby hasn't made it. You must complain this is ludicrous!

As for the passing of the fetus I hope it happens smoothly and quickly. When I m/c'd it came out as one inside the fetal sac after just sitting there in me dead for two weeks. I'm not sure if it will be the same for you but please try to prepare yourself.

I can't tell you how sad I am to hear of all of this and am sending prayers your way.

I hope that next year fulfills all of your baby dreams and that you find a way through this time.

Becs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh ROM i am so so sorry this has happened to you.

My gosh you were lucky that you managed to get them to scan you otherwise you could have been very poorly

Big hugs to you hun and i hope things settle down for you and you are not in too much pain

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i'm so sorry to hear this hun - i can't believe how you've been treated.

hope you're ok :hug:

x

I'm so sorry about what has happened. :hug: I think you should complain as well. Take care and I'll be thinking about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back