Am I the only one?

Tonias

Reaction score
Hi - I have posted on a previous thread about my experience.To cut a very long story short I was treated with my methotrexate for right sided ectopic 6 weeks ago and my HCG levels were 1000.

My HCG levels were dropping nicely each week but I had terrible pain and bleeding weeks after the shot. I was admitted to hospital 5 times, yet every time , I was told there was nothing wrong, that the meth was working and I had nothing to worry about.

Anyway , a week ago i was still in so much pain and bleeding heavily I insisted on having a scan, only for the doctors to find a 6cm in my right fallopian tube even though my HCG that day was 19 !!! They sent me for an MRI , told me not to worry and sent me home. 5 days later , and a lot of shouting and screaming to get my results ( they still didnt consider me life threatening at this point) I walked in to the hospital for the gynae to call me in and advise my tube had swollen to the size of a grapefruit, that I had bleeding into the tube around the ectopic and that he had never seen anything like it in all his time! It obviously couldnt be the pregnancy growing as my HCG had dropped to practically zero. He could NOT belive my tube hadnt ruptured!! They rushed me down for emergency surgery remove my right tube out so im now at home recovering from the open surgery as i couldnt have keyhole.

Has anyone else ever expereinced this or anything similar ? Im absolutely baffled, these 6 weeks have been so hard, I havent even had time to deal with my loss....... I just want to know this will get easier as right now it just doesnt feel like it.

Oh I'm so sorry Tonia XX

When I was in with my D&C , I had to have tranfusions , so had to stay overnight on a ward , there was a lady there , who had been 9 weeks pregnant and had had terrible pain, she had been fobbed off and till it got too much pain wise, and when they scanned her in A&E, she had a cyst that was growing along with her pregnancy on the ovary and she had to have open bikini surgery too to remove it, the doc described it as the size of a babys head, and so she sadley lost the baby and the ovary and tube, the docs also said that one tube was perfectly fine for future pregnancy even if not on the same side as you ovulate that month, apparently those clever eggs find a way!

Just wanted to say , hope you recover quickly from the op, take a day at a time , don't push yourself took much, your bodys been through alot, and take some time to think things through and have some you time too - it really does get easier with time XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back