Painful tum but no-one cares :(

AbbyJ

Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty fed up, have had pain in my stomach for a week now, some days more painful than others. It's not BH, still getting plenty of those but this is different, the whole lower half of my bump just feels really sore and tender, and it feels like I'm going to have a really nasty tummy bug but nothing ever happens. last night it hurt so much I couldn't sit down properly, getting really fed up with it.
Today i looked through my notes and realised I don't have a number for my midwife, so phoned the g.p. They said they couldn't get the midwife to call me as they're not actually based there, and told me to ring the maternity hosp. I did and after getting transferred 3 times I spoke to a midwife who told me that it sounds like I'm fine and it's just normally pregnancy aches and pains! Really fed up now..with my last baby we lived in a different area and I had my midwife's mobile number, any probs she would drop in to see me, was so much nicer. Now I'm worrying what's going to happen when I go into labour!

Last edited:
I don't have midwifes number hun I gotta call labour ward who puts you through to a triage midwife!! So don't worry. The pains r prob general pains I keep experiencing all sorts lol but if u dont feel right call them back and tell them xx

think a lot of ppl been posting the same as said above think we all feeling funny pains all over.. I put everything down to trapped wind or baby moving or lying on somthing lol- if u worried u should call and get it checked x

Well it's prob nothing but it just struck me as so impersonal compered to last time..but then that was with sure-start instead of just the community midwives. Roll on the next 10 wks I say!:)

I know what you mean - its easy to get frustrated when you feel like youre being fobbed off, its the same in my area too. The pains are normal though id say x

I've been getting really bad pains in my tummy as well... So bad that they're been living me crippled and in tears, but I spoke to the hospital midwife and she just said it's normal... But I do understand where you're coming from... I have the numbers for both of the midwives at the childrens centre but they NEVER answer the phone and tell you not to leave a message... So I call triage who either say it's perfectly normal, and make me feel silly, or they tell me to come up, giving me an appointment and about 7 hours after I arrive I'll see someone who will listen to baby's heart do my BP and send me home... No explanation... Makes me feel like they don't give a rats arse!! :hugs: hope things get better for you xx

That's exactly what puts me off going to the hosp for anything, all the waiting around! Am seeing MW on mon anyway so will try and get a number off her..midwifery seems to of changed since my last baby, they don't seem to be as caring as they used to be though!

It does feel like they just don't care... Really hope you get some support and reassurance from your midwife on Monday hun :) xxx

Awww, pregnancy is full of aches and pains isn't it! Hope it eases off for you soon. xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back